Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedi Knight 3

Options
  • 29-03-2003 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

From my sources in the Imperial spynet comes the following details................

- The story takes place several years after JK2 (no exact date is given).
    - Kyle now teaches at Luke's jedi academy
    - the main character will be Kyle's padawan! (because Kyle became to powerful at the end of JK2)
    - you can create your own player and customize his look (only Humans and Twi'leks are confirmed so far, but there will be more races available)
    - the first levels will be about your training at the academy under Luke and Kyle
    - then you have to solve several small quests
    - you discover a huge conspiracy, that threatens the whole galaxy
    - almost each level will be on another planet or location
    - confirmed locations: the Jedi academy, Tatooine, Hoth, a mercenary outpost, and dark temple complexes
    - like in JK1, there will be two different endings (good or bad Jedi)
    - the game will be non-linear, you can choose between several missions (minor side-missions or the important story-missions).

The release date given is 'Fall (Autumn?) 2003'.

http://www.holonetz.com/files/jk3/

Looks interesting indeed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

:D 2 lightsabers!

fingers crossed that it's going to be as good as jk ii

is it still using the quake 3 engine? the first pic looks like it is

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Looks like JK2 to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Wonder if they fook this up with patches as well as tehy fooked up jk2

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hope Raven aren't making it. Although JK2 was one of their best it wasn't exactly a classic and was nowhere near as good as dark forces or jedi knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Apparently this was (one of the better) April Fools jokes. Viewing one of the pages source shows a URL that explains it.

Matt

• Advertisement

More news about it on Blues News and its dated 29/3

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Apparently this was (one of the better) April Fools jokes. Viewing one of the pages source shows a URL that explains it.

Proof please or kindly shut the fúck up. Since no other site has stated this was a fake/april fool gag I'll be happy to wait for it to be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Meow!

Saucer of milk for table nine please!

Originally posted by Venom
    Proof please or kindly shut the fúck up. Since no other site has stated this was a fake/april fool gag I'll be happy to wait for it to be released.

Christ dont cry about it, Im just repeating what I read. Ill see can I dig it up again.

Matt

Well Venom, you can stop crying, it appears the game is legit, the nahsayers were wrong...

http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/depart/apr03/jedi.html

Which Im glad of as Im a fan of the series.

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I know its a real game as I posted the bloody link and info on it.

Um... Im very happy for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah looks like its going to be deadly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Who thinks Vemon deserves a medal for being right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

And who thinks he needs some anger management classes?

I hope the game is at least as good as JK2, which still had some flaws (and needed a whole lot of patching). There's a lot of great mods and skins for JK2 out there you should check out, including a Darth Maul-style saber. Mmmm.

Originally posted by koneko
    And who thinks he needs some anger management classes?

I hope the game is at least as good as JK2, which still had some flaws (and needed a whole lot of patching). There's a lot of great mods and skins for JK2 out there you should check out, including a Darth Maul-style saber. Mmmm.

really!!:p sounds nice! Can u possibly post up a link where that dark maul skin is available?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Originally posted by suppafly
    really!!:p sounds nice! Can u possibly post up a link where that dark maul skin is available?

For Darth Maul skin:
    http://www.jedi-outcast.com/filebase_details.php?f_id=157

For dual bladed saber, or dual-wielding sabers:
    http://www.jedi-outcast.com/filebase_details.php?f_id=160

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I hope they dont completely destroy the multiplayer like they did with JK2 on those later patches... It was perfect the way it was! Fact was, it was near impossible for a newb to even touch anyone with some kind of competence with a saber. Then they go and take out all the moves... ****ing annoying.

Lets hope this time around there are even MORE moves.

JK2 is the ultimate stress relief game ,load it up and turn on cheats and play the entire game using only the light sabre.

Damn fun but those pesky far away things cant be got so you have to dodge or run.

Great way to replay the game tho.

kdjac

Originally posted by koneko
    There's a lot of great mods and skins for JK2 out there you should check out, including a Darth Maul-style saber. Mmmm.
    wasn't that in the game already?
    devmap mapname
    /thedestroyer

some decent skins & maps here too
    http://www.jediknightii.net/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Liver-Lips

I dont know if any of you agree but Jedi Knight 2 is a pretty over-rated, mediocre game. the only thing that partially saves it from the curse of linear levels, boring scenery and repetative action is the ability to use a light saber.
    now im a pretty big starwars fan and i enjoyed getting the light saber in jkII and for a while it's fun until you realise that theres no real attention payed to an even semi-comprehensive combat system. you cant control when your guy flips over an opponent or cartwheels, you just press jump. victory and blocking are usually just down to luck.

I finished the game but its no gem by any means and considering the sequel will use the same engine(reported by www.eurogamer.net) im not getting exited at all.
    looks like another cash for the publishing companies as they prey on the starwars fanboys again.

will starwars ever regain even a fraction of the respect i had for it after playing X-Wing? rogue leader was good but a bit like its prequel, and Bounty Hunter? disgusting!
    the formula goes: take whats come before, apply a new lick of paint and a "starwars" brand and then sell. then watch the money come rollin in.

JK2 is the ultimate stress relief game ,load it up and turn on cheats and play the entire game using only the light sabre.

i think not only the use of the light saber is fun, but i really enjoying messing about with enemys using the force powers. First it was use force grip to toss people into the air and now its jumping over peeps and force pulling them way up into the air!! lots of fun. The thing about the cheats is that when putting on the lightsaver sometimes it tends to disappear or other weird stuff starts to go wrong and also u can't get all thw force powers immediatly, or can u?

and also u can't get all thw force powers immediatly, or can u?
    open the console, type in "helpusobi 1"
    then "set ForceAll 3"

"g_saberRealisticCombat 1"is always good for a laugh too.

all teh cheats

I see one of the cheats is to fly and x-wing? how does that work? I mean has anybody tried it, like does it crash yur comp? Also just on that, when u use the cheat to drive the atst does anybody no how to get out of it? cuz the usually "jump" doesn't seem to work

afaik there's no way to get out of the atst once you put the cheat in (bar loading an old savegame)
    there's a code to destroy all atst's on the level, that might work if you have god mode on... (too lazy to look for it)

and all the xwing one seems to do is crash the game.

try getting one of the faqs for the game, they might have more info on it

aight thanks tman. I've had plenty of fun going around a chopping up people now witht the new cheats. I wonder why they didn't have the realistic saber combat thing in at th start cuz its not that gory! but looks really cool!!:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

I hope the lightsabre is introduced earlier in this game. It took a while to acquire it in the last one.

aight thanks tman. I've had plenty of fun going around a chopping up people now witht the new cheats. I wonder why they didn't have the realistic saber combat thing in at th start cuz its not that gory! but looks really cool!!:D :D
    :D i just love lopping stormtroopers hands off
    I hope the lightsabre is introduced earlier in this game. It took a while to acquire it in the last one.
    afaik you're going to get it at the very start of the game this time round,can't remember where i read that tho...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Another dodgy Raven game that they will sell loads to the masses by paying off all the major PC magazines. It's the only explaination that tosh like JK2 SOF2 and RTCW got such high scores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I've been scouring the web for more news on JK3, it's looking real nice. (I was a huge fan of JK2).

To answer a few question. Yes, Raven is making the game. It's the exact same modified engine from JK2. It's more of a really big addon then a brand new game. Though it's said to be A LOT bigger, and allot more lightsaber action.

Infact, it's gonna be based around lightsaber action, with dual blades and a lightstaff option right from the very begining (No, not like in JK2, but instead with proper animations and styles)

Raven says there'll be about 7 lightsaber styles, or more, in contrast with the old 3 style system.

You will be able to make and design your character from scratch: Including race, gender, and physical appearance (Rodian for me! :D), your personal style for lightsaber. You can even design your own lightsaber hilt, and color.

The levels will be allot less linear, and instead you'll be able to choose which levels you want or not - thus leaning towards the dark or light side.

The raven team are using a new terrian system to boost the graphics system so levels can be much larger.

Most of the game will be based on lightsaber combat - Expect the complexity of lightsaber combat in JK2, except without the button-bashing.

Hrm, can't think of much more. ChangKhan from Raven is releasing info on the jk2 forums (jediknightii.net) all the time. Keep an eye there for more info.

-DA-

Advertisement