Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seriously LOLs here - Iraqi perspective

Options
  • 30-03-2003 2:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭

Listen to this, from Fisher Radio Seattle. Peace activist pwnd by Iraqi.

http://www.adata.com/~aod/kvi_aircheck_031003.mp3

This highlights one of the main reasons I am undecided about the war: the Iraqi people need one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

i outta punch u in the face..... i fi wasnt so tired...

dam gravity makes me wanna lie down....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

If Saddam complied with the ceasefire after invading Kuwait - Santions would have finished 11 years ago.

But, when santions failed and resolution 1441 was not complied with - the US felt they had no alternative.

But should have it have been left to the various tribal leaders of Iraq to deal with Saddam or Is his grip on power too tight?
    Its easy to present any perspective you want.

But, it is hard to have a definiative view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Ask Hans Blix or Kofi Annan if 1441 was being complied with. Both would say yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Wow a 'little girl' gets owned and somehow we must change everything on how we think. :)

First up. The guy isn't in Iraq. He lived in Iraq and left for the US. It's doubtful his voice soley represents the Iraqai people. To quote others, Salam Pax (ref: dear_raed) says "Since when did democracy mean bombing the hell out of us!" (sic). Or the Human Shield marine who said "I was delusional to think I could be a human shield when every Iraqi I met wanted a war with the US".

Different viewpoints.

The main mistake the guy did as well was to call her names. If your argument is about the person rather then the actual debate it means they don't really have a good point to argue on.

The question was BS as well. Of course leaving Saddam in power will not help matters. However that does not mean 'Go to war'. It also does not mean that the opposite will be the better option.

If anything this war will have a long lasting negative effect.
    Ask Hans Blix or Kofi Annan if 1441 was being complied with. Both would say yes.

That is correct. It wasn't Iraq that stopped 1441, it was the US when they told the UN inspectors to leave Iraq before they could finish thier job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Would you let an Irish American represent you're views.... didn't think so.

Yes, definitley not did you see the coverage on Channel four on Paddy's day they interviewed republican "irish-americans", they came out with some hum-dingers. I'm pouring all my french wine down the sink, said one guy- he had a face you'd love to slap.

But, when santions failed and resolution 1441 was not complied with - the US felt they had no alternative

Somehow i find this a little hard to swallow. The Allies have made many claims as to their reasons for this war, and not many of them hold up to close inspection.

Since this was a UN resolution, surely it should have been the UN to back it up? Not the US, going off on a rampage, in such a manner to destabilise the whole middle east........
    But, it is hard to have a definiative view.

actually its impossible. Nobody seems to be asking the Iraqi's who support Saddam loyally, why they support him. Its a matter of conflicting views. You will never get a complete answer.
    If anything this war will have a long lasting negative effect.

Bigtime, and the whole world will share the effects of the US/UK decision to invade. Guilt by association in the eyes of the Arab Nations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Originally posted by Rnger
    i outta punch u in the face..... i fi wasnt so tired...

dam gravity makes me wanna lie down....

Looking through me last few posts i see this and think...

Must of been last saturaday i posted that. Came home drunk, "Ah yes! I think i'll look at boards for a few minutes!" Look at the time :) sorry for being a idoit spammer

Advertisement