Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to UTVip

Options
  • 30-03-2003 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Im getting tired of the lack of support im getting at Esat, so one problem...left to convince the mother :p.
    Is there much hassle moving over? i mean getting the phones switched over and all and has users seen any cost changes in telephone bills? Also if theres any problems with UTVIp would it be as easy to change back?thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

As far I can understand your cant access newsgroup when using UTV I may be wrong but that what my friend has told me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

i dunno about cost but i like the fact i can easily contact utv by phone whereas esat was a real pain

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by tech
    As far I can understand your cant access newsgroup when using UTV I may be wrong but that what my friend has told me

You can't get access to the public newsgroups, just utv and microsoft ones, but apparently UTV are looking into getting a full news feed.

Ruu - you do have to stay with UTV a min. of 3 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

cool, i wouldnt mind 3 months, been on the phone to esat this morning and its all mixed up, called the 1800 number thats on the website and pressed 1 for customer service, and i got business solutions. I think i'll get my own line installed and go with UTVip, thats the cheapest option i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

How long does it take from when they get the form to when they switch you over? How do they notify you of the switch?

• Advertisement

Also the fact that ive been with Esat for about 3-4 months and i havent been billed yet and keep calling them about this issue, and it hasnt been addressed. I dont want to find someday that a huge lump has been taken from my account. That wouldnt be in the terms and conditions would it? and id have a case i think.

it took about 10 days to activate my account ,isdn and utvip works very good for people like me with no access to broadband great for downloading with the 150hrs/month option although i had esat and isdn working as well

i called Eircom and they said it'd be 107 euro to install an additional line and then the rental, whatever, 21.15 a month incl vat. Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by Ruu
    i called Eircom and they said it'd be 107 euro to install an additional line and then the rental, whatever, 21.15 a month incl vat. Is that correct?

yea thats about right. its normally 130 to install, maybe they quoted ex-vat, or doing you a deal? :)

doing a deal? haha u must be joking :) Its probably without vat or maybe theyve changed it, anyway will be moving to UTV as soon as i get it in, thanks for the replies

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Ruu
    did you ask for isdn?

no just the additional line

don't do that get isdn it's basically the same except the internet works much better(digital instead of analogue)

i know all about it :) thanks i may look into it.

Advertisement