Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL Modems?

Options
  • 30-03-2003 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hey,

Now that Eircom are finally rolling out their "self-install" packages in a couple of weeks and with a pricedrop, Im sure a number of people (including myself) will make the jump to ADSL (Id prefer EsatBT or UTV DSL but neither has any plans of upgrading my exchange).

My question is this- would "any" ADSL modem work with eircom's DSL service. Their modems are ridiciously overpriced (EsatBT gives them away for free from what I hear) I hear you can pick up decent ones for 50euro..

Is there any particular brand I should buy or should I go for the cheapest one I can find?

Thanks
    -Fawad
    (ADSL in 2 weeks!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

AFAIK prettymuch any DSL modem will work.

use it with RASPPPOE, its a sweet protocol\utility that allows you to conifg your DSL as a dial up connection.

Advertisement