Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Suggestion] Allow Everyone to Reply in Admin/Support

Options
  • 30-03-2003 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

This would lighten the load on you Admins by letting the community help itself and would help avoid having multiple threads about the same problem. As long as it is made clear that it is a more formal type of board and not for chit-chat and general feedback.

Makes good sense to me anyway.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I also agree.
    Since this board is up there wont be as much waffle/chat to annoy the powers that be.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I disagree. I'm much happier with the way things are working, we have an area which allows people to feedback directly to the admins and report rather boring technical issues and problems they are experiencing.

Over here we have an area that everyone can talk back, suggest stuff, feedback to us, and generally laze around and waffle about boards.

Its actually developed much as I hoped it would, yes there are some times when we get two or three threads on the same topic... thats ok, doesnt bother us as much as the way things were the old way... really, most of the time the admins read Feedback and chat here (have you noticed any reduction in our responses to the community? no... didnt think so...)
    Admin just lets us deal with the problems quickly and efficently without noise and (occasionally) the intimidation of posting "in public"...

If there was widespread dissatifaction with the interaction with the admins I'd say there was a problem and change it back but I think Feedback is the main forum under Admin... Support is exactly for that...

DeV

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hate to agree with DeV :p but I think it's great actually. They can always merge posts of the similar train. One can always PM the poster if one has an answer to the problem.

Admin was a mess before, and I'm glad to have contributed to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I also agree with dev, its a great system except for eskor being a smarmy bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Countless snidey yet funny remarks putting down people whinging about stupid problems that are of very little importance have been lost.

Stop this apartheid system in Admin!

Free the Admin forum!

This posted last edited by Bubbles at 9:56am 1-4-03

Advertisement