Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Coolest Space Marine Chapter

• 30-03-2003 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Which chapter looks the coolest? I've a fair bit of SM models lying around the place, and i've decided id better paint them all the same colour (they're part of at least 6 different chapters atm). I've thought bout the black templars, cause they seem easy to paint, but a bit boring to look at (ohh, they're both white AND black!) So what do you guys all think

Which is the coolest? 10 votes

Blood Angels
    0% 0 votes
    Ultramarines
    20% 2 votes
    Imperial Fists
    10% 1 vote
    Dark Angels
    10% 1 vote
    Black Templars
    40% 4 votes
    Salamanders
    20% 2 votes
    Other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Dark Angels, when you pile them together on the battle field their the most menacing looking army apart from chaos, nids or orks. The variations of colour in the ravenwing and deathwing just go really well with the dark green troops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

You should paint them as a chapter that you like or try making up one of your own.
    Nearly all the diffrent chapters have diffrent rules in the Index Astarties White Dwarf Rules so you should look up a few old issues for an army that would suit your style of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

The most purely menacing chapter on the battlefield is the "Legion of the Damned" (theorised to be the remnants of the "Fire-Hawks" chapter lost in the warp)

Next up; Space Wolves. Because they can look very feral. Each model can be an individual with pelts, charms, etc, etc. *

next; as mentioned, the Dark-Angels dark colour scheme makes them rather dark and well ... intimidating

* - this is assuming that you do it right, but then again this could apply to almost any army really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

Has to be 1000sons -they were forced to turn to chaos after the Emperor decided he had enough off thier witchcraft...

should split it into loyal and chaos chapters- like the look off the raven guard meself.

DotC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Blood Angels, in their Brooding red armour (Forget camoflage, these guys don't care if you can see them cos they'll kick your collective arse!), look pretty cool, and there's always the integration of the vampire mythology. And appropriately, the Death Company are jet black and stand out in a really menacing fashion. And the Bhaal class Predator looks nasty with its twin linked assault cannons and heavy flamer sponsons.

Dark Angels, especially the models with robes, look the business.

Didn't the Armageddon3 website have a big page detailing a load of chapters with their colours? I liked the Marines Malevolent and the Celestial Lions...

BTW, don't paint Black Templars, nobody will want to play you!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

Definately the Imperial Fists... I wish I still had my old copy of space marine and its sequel (forgotten the name) :)

I wish I still had my old copy of space marine and its sequel (forgotten the name)

It was called Titan Legion, can't you just get Epic 40,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

No... the novel called space marine by Ian Watson. It was pretty good :)

No... the novel called space marine by Ian Watson. It was pretty good
    Sorry My bad, I just started reading Night Bringer can you tell me if its any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

The books were (in order)

DeathWing
    Space Marine
    Inquisitor
    Harlequin (in which characters from the last two books crossed paths)

I have all of them :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement