Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could MS OS/Apps be renamed to include non MS?

Options
  • 30-03-2003 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭

...or maybe a board just for non-MS stuff?

I wanted to post a non-specifically MS question but don't know where to put it.

What to do?

It is what it's.

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

If I'm understanding what you mean properly, then that is the right place to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Adam seems happy (and rightfully so imho) to interpret "MS Apps/OS" as something wider than just MS apps on an MS OS. So in other words, asking about problems with StarOffice under windows (for example) seems fine in that forum. Anything that blatantly doesn't fall under something like that would be better off in the Mac, Unix or Technology forums.

(well, that's the way I usually interpret the division)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The intention for that forum (and the way it seems to work currently) is a forum for Windows/MS problems and any apps that run on that platform...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

There's always the ultra hip Mac board. Mmmmmac.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

nice one. I was thinking that it was purely for Windows/Word/Excel etc. Thanks for the clarification!

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement