Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL hardware

Options
  • 30-03-2003 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Wonder if anyone can help me here. I currently have ISDN with the intention of upgrading to ADSL as soon as it becomes available in my area. With these two things in mind, I'm looking to buy a router. In particular, I'm looking at the Draytek Vigor2600W. Unfortunately I'm not sure of where I could buy this in Ireland, as it isn't on komplett last time I checked and I don't have much faith in any highstreet store stocking it. Hence I may have to buy from England.

Questions:
    1) Is the ISDN port the same in Ireland as in England? RJ45 I think - I'm pretty sure it's the same.

2) Same question but for ADSL. The Vigor2600W connects straight into an ADSL installation. I think an RJ11 port is mentioned. Would this be the same in Ireland? If not I think there's an ethernet version as well but the direct connection to the ADSL line would probably be easier.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

An RJ11 socket, is the socket on the wall for your phone, or the socket on the back of the good ole reliable modems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭santalives

yes dsl modem and routers generally use an rj-11 cable to connect from the splitter to the modem

Advertisement