Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

you can actually play with 256mb ram( the game will refuse to run with anything less than that), just dont attempt to fly an aircraft, the fps lag will probabaly get you killed, other vehicals are usable, you will notice a fair bit of file swapping, It will be irrating if it happens at the wrong time

512 is ideal but the more you have the better...

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

I have a nice Saitek joystick but I'm still rubbish at flying in BF1942.
    Or should I say ..I'm ok at flying but anytime I want to shoot anyone on ground there is more danger to them from me crashing into them.
    Is flying in PS easier/different than in BF1942.
    And as for Helicopters in BF1942!..I'd probably fly a real one before I'd master the one in DC.
    DemonBaby/Nemmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I reckon I'm a pretty good pilot in BF1942, and I loath and detest the aircraft in PS. They handle like crap, like air cars. They drive me crazy. I suppose they're very easy to fly, but dog fighting in them is painfully sad.

The Reaver is very powerful because it's easy to hover and spam rockets at the ground (and hit afterburners if a Striker or AA MAX locks you up), I can't be arsed with it though. Flying in the game doesn't feel elegant or skillful, which is a shame as I was really looking forward to being a fighter pilot in the game like I am in BF1942/DC.

No matter, I have lots of fun driving my Marauder and being an AV Engineer.

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Myg

Teeth, sounds like WW2ol would suit you better, its heck of a lot more realistic and competative than bf1942.... Tho it is considered "easy" compared to other games (WB/AH/il2) who scrutinize their Flight model more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

WW2 online, lol.

• Advertisement

Something funny? oh yea... WW2 online.... although plagued by a ****ty release (oh god it was ****ty, soooo ****ty, im talking absolutly distilled **** here) and a shortage of staff, seems to be braving on, correcting its mistakes. I just hope it hangs around for a good bit of time, so we can see how deep the well goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Yeah I suppose if you are a glutton for punishment you can hang around and hope it grows into a proper game or you can play one of the many MMOs out at the moment that are actually playable and where the dev team didn't rip off their customer base by releasing their game half way through development. Last post on the topic ain't getting into a fight with a MM2IOL fanboi here. If you enjoy the game more power to ya you've a higher pain threshold then I do.

Geez, Thor you sound like a bitter guy whenever WW2ol is mentioned. Correct me if im wrong, but i thought it was the people who actualy support the devs who get to choose/Force the deadline/ release date, since they are paying for its development..... I do realise Devs can practice a right to tell their supporter to FO and go find someone else, but the fact is, a game like WW2ol doesnt get a second chance. Its only the really older/larger dev companies who have a solid base and enough money to say "we will release when its done". TBH there is no other MMPOG released right now that comes close to the complexity and accuracy of WW2ol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I think the aircraft are actually done pretty well...all we need is some more variety (Which the next update plans to include), and we're off..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Just as a matter of interest, how much is the game going to cost?
    I hope it'll be cheaper than normal games considering the monthly fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

You can get it from www.play.com for st£25 (~€35) inc shipping. Its likely to be €10-15 more expensive if you buy it in a shop here, as rrp is $50. 30 days play is included with the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

play.com orders seem to take about a week to arrive for me, which is grand if it's just some DVDs you're getting cheap. For games stuff that you must have RIGHT NOW OMG FFS, I wouldn't recommend them.

Teeth.

Advertisement