Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to use a wand

Options
  • 31-03-2003 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

I thought this might be better off in its own thread, but it is a continuance of this thread .

So how to use a wand.... well again, like with everything else in Wicca/Paganism, much depends on the individual. For me, I use the wand for two purposes:

1. To cast a circle, when you walk around the circle three times to consecrate your space for a ritual or spell, and the draw the pentagrams at each direction. This is what I use my wand for most often, and the wand in this case is used similarly to how you'd use an athame (= ritual knife) or sword. I often use my athame, but I would use a wand when I want to work with faeires, as they do not like the metal an athame contains, or when I am travelling, as unless I go to a very important initiation, I do not want to go through the hassle of explaining my ritual weapons to customs and security at airports, especially right now.

2. To stir a cauldron. I only use the wand here when there is nothing fluid in the cauldron, as my wand is made from bog oak and if it gets wet it might cause cracks. But, when I mix herbs for healing teas, or when the stiring is just symbolic in a ceremony where the cauldron represents rebirth, I might use my wand to stir it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I use wands to channel energies. Differnt wands for differnt types.
    I'd use it to sit up engeries of spell compents and if nesscary combine them.

Advertisement