Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnness ticket details and first acts announced

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Ohhhh, The Roots are playing. May reconsider not going now. Flaming Lips would make it worthwhile too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

Oops! Sorry but witnness.com has not been designed for Netscape. To view the site, you need another up-to-date browser with Flash. You could download and install Internet Explorer from Microsoft.

:rolleyes:

fucking twats. Up-do-date??? I'm on the nightly build of phoenix, you cannot get much more up-to-date.

Is there a list anyone can cut and paste for those of us damned to using mozilla browsers (or anyone know if i can get phoenix to report as IE ... though I'd feel dirty doing that).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

So, ahem, guys & dolls especially for you, Witnness welcomes so far COLDPLAY, ZWAN, UNDERWORLD, FLAMING LIPS, POLYPHONIC SPREE, STREETS, SUPERGRASS, THE ROOTS, THE REVS, LEMON JELLY, RICHIE HAWTIN, DATSUNS, SNOW PATROL, ECHO & BUNNYMEN and THE WALLS. (scroll down for artist profiles)

We’re anticipating over 100 acts to be added to the line-up, and as soon as we know you will too through witnness.com. You can bet your bottom dollar that this is just the start of something real beautiful.

Now then TICKETS ARE ON SALE FROM 8AM, FRIDAY 11TH APRIL. Tickets are priced: One day @ €59.50, weekend @ €109.50 and weekend with camping @ €130.50 (That’s the same as last year folks, don’t say we aren’t good to you). Tickets are available from www.ticketmaster.ie (make a link), all Ticketmaster outlets or by calling ROI 0818 719300, NI 0870 2434455 and INTERNATIONAL 00 353 1 4569569.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Coldplay headlinging. Oh wow. How..."safe". There's about 3 decent bands in that list they have announced so far. Unless a really really decent band is accounced there's not a chance i'll go, after the shambolic way they ran it last year!

Can't wait till Reading fest comes here properly next year, at least they know how to run a festival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭s8n

I'd be tempted just to see zwan, but theres no one else so far that floats my boat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

Thanks mbroaders!! I won't blame you for the disappointing line up ;)

[got opera to display it, but it's opera for solaris which is about 2 years old and utter pants]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

crappy line up imo... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Ahh, stop your complaining. Witnness is always good craic IMO.

Threre's a good few bands there I want to see, and I definitly won't be passing up the chance to see Zwan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

They are planning to announce another band to headline the second day arent they? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

I'm not completely sure why you're all moaning, they've only announced 15 out of the 80 or so acts(if not more) that'll appear this year. They were always gonna announce the likes of coldplay, zwan and the other bland ****e first so they can sell as many tickets straight off the bat, the simple fact is that coldplay sell an obscene amount of albums here and people want to see them, you may not personally want to see em(i certianly don't) but festivals are about appealing to as many people as possible, so while the main stage will be boring and predictable like last year the smaller stages will have plenty of stuff to keep everyone happy.

Also they'll probaly announce the other headliner this week right before the tickets go on sale, allegedly it'll be blur

Advertisement