Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macca tickets still on sale

• 31-03-2003 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Can't believe this concert hasn't sold out. I know the tickets are expensive but its really only about 20 Euro more than a normal concert. I thought he had enough pull as the legend that he is to sell it out regardless of price anyway. Does anyone know what ticket sales for it have been like? Has McCartney had his day, is the aura of the beatles legend fading, have people overdosed on Anthology compilations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Surprising that it hasnt sold out alright. But it is a very large venue as well as having very expensive tickets. Id say the release of the DVD anthology (if it gets a lot of advertising) will help sell the rest of the tickets.
    Still its nice to see that it hasnt sold out fast, it may help to stop ticket prices going to ridiculous levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

very hard to believe. i thought it would sell out straight away. it is a definite that he will play for a few hours with mostly beatles songs. its not like lou reed, van morrison who dont sing any old stuff. bowie can stick to only new stuff sometimes too. but you are sure to hear all the good stuff so it should appeal to the masses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

Tickets sold out for this concert on the day of going on sale, but since then more tickets have appeared on ticketmaster.
    People are probably not aware that tickets are available, but in most cases I believe people are not willing to pay €75/105 a ticket.

Advertisement