Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom new DSL prices...

Options
  • 31-03-2003 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hello all,
    Anyone heard when the new Eircom DSL prices (Eur 45), will be implemented ????
    it has been said end of march, but no news up to now :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Its 45 excluding VAT and will be available to order from the 11th of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭rikili

Thanx,
    any idea where to order this service ????
    also, any idea about the tech specs ???
    cos nothing is mentioned on their web site....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Check out www.adsl.ie

Its still listed as a business product there. It is called the I Stream Starter. Here are the specs

eircom i-stream starter
    The product has both a USB or Ethernet option.
    Speeds 512Kbps downstream/128Kbps upstream*
    Connection fee is 165 excl. VAT - Monthly fee is 45 excl. VAT
    Additional equipment required ADSL USB modem 120 excl. VAT or ADSL Ethernet modem 200 excl. VAT.
    The monthly download allowance is 4GB**

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

u sure its the 512k one thats 45 excl. vat? I heard that was for 256k dsl.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

It's the same price for both 512 and 256, and there's no guarantees on either of those speeds...

If you're close enough to your local exchange/are fortunate enough to have a decent line you'll get connected at about 512. If you're farther away from the exchange/ have a crappy line, you'll get connected at roughly 256 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by mbroaders
    Check out www.adsl.ie

Its still listed as a business product there. It is called the I Stream Starter. Here are the specs

The same information is presented for domestic customers (with VAT inclusive prices) elsewhere on the website. Because of session id it is not possible to link. You can navigate to it:

1. www.eircom.ie
    2. Click on "At Home"
    3. Select "Products and Services/eircom I-Stream"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

This is good news all the same. It should work out at 55 euro a month then and thats a lot more manageable than the 100 odd they were charging. Think its time i moved to Braodband:cool:

Advertisement