Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new Radiohead album on the web

Options
  • 31-03-2003 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭

The new radiohead album(Hail to the thief) was leaked..

-edit
    after reading the rules. .im guessing i have to remove directions...
    although directions to directions are that direct. .
    either way it shouldnt take you long to find it
    it doesnt require queueing in some peer2peer deelie for ages..

Its a class album and most of the new songs played in spain/portugal are very similar to the versions on the album

if you do get it what did you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

One of the guys in work got it, we're listening to it now. Not sure if I like it. It's a little....hippy dippy, if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

i think* i know what you mean but i have a void in my music taste where anything radiohead is good, even if i suspect its whingy or pretentious
    ill have to give it a good bashing first ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

I've been listening to it today and am quite impressed. Though I'm generally not a huge fan.

Anyway the band don't seem that píssed about it..

http://www.nme.com/news/104639.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Yeah, I'm listening to it aswell but it will take a while before I form an opinion. Unfortunately its no return to their earlier stuff but it does sound better than some of the forgettable tracks on the last 2 albums. Still none of the songs are like something you can really sing along to, if it weren't for their first 3 albums i don't think people would be as up for listening to this kind of music. Anyone can play guitar now except them it seems.

yeah your right, iv been listenening to it for most of the day now and its good
    but its not gonna blow anybodies socks off. . -:|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

This is what you call progression. Not that I can say where its progressing to though. Going back to old stuff is a very tricky thing to do, its usually better to progress somewhere else.

Personally I think the trio of The Bends, Ok Computer and Kid-A represents music about as good as it gets.

my opinion of this thing keeps changing. .
    its not the end record anyway or so its being said. ..

time will tell wether its good or not..
    kid a got much better with time..
    i thinks its better than the bends now. .

Kid A better than the Bends

Wish I could hear it that way, still looking forward to the olympia gig, hopefully i'll have got into the new one by then, There There sounds decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I've allowed this thread because it's EVERYWHERE online!

And the band themselves don't seem to care that much :)

I'll be deleting any posts or threads which ask/tell about where to get mp3's online, so save the time and don't bother.

Now onto the music...

Having listened to a few of the songs, I think it's 'okay', it may or may not grow on me, but atm, I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed.

Before I heard it, I thought this was a return to the Bends/Ok Computer era, it was pimped as such in Q magazine and different interviews, so I was looking forward to it.

I loved Kid A and Amnesiac, but almost as if those albums came from a completely different band, it's hard to explain, I appreciate them more on a different level.

I'm off to grab some lunch, then I'm gonna listen to the whole thing, more thoughts afterwards.

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

The producer has said that its not the final version that is out there. Aparantly they are only rough mixes. Sounds good too me all the same.
    http://www.climbingupthewalls.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

That's interesting, he reckons studio security is responsible.

So we can all still look forward to the fully produced mixes in May then :)

Luc

i heard it was a rough mix too, but jonny(lead guitarist) had downloaded a few songs and couldnt really tell if it was the master of not, so some of the songs must nearly complete ones..

the songs they played in spain and portugal came off the best in the studio ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah theres only some mastering to do, and the band are so used to recording and mixing themselves that it is going to be pretty close. Mastering will just finish off volume levels and anything that is rough in the tracks, which there is little of.

I think it's good, kind of what I thought it would be like. Like a mellow Ok Computer mixed with some of the guitary stuff from Kid A and Amnesiac. Knifes out, that type of thing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Hated it after the first listen. Forced myself to listen to it again and thought there might be a chance it could grow on me. Four or five more listens and... nah, rough non-final version or not, it just doesn't do anything (positive) for me. Far too much wailing, far too little instrumentation, and just nothing remotely catchy about it.
    I read somewhere, possibly in NME, that they were going to re-release a new and improved bells 'n' whistlised version of Pablo Honey, 'cause listening to it now they hate the album. That just smacks of wankerism to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

That was an April Fools about Pablo Honey being released.

Ah, that figures. Annoying thing about April Fools jokes on the web is that they stay up there for weeks afterwards.

Not to dismiss the fact that it was a good joke and that I was had by it, of course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Pablo Honey 2

Radiohead today announced that as a bonus, a brand new version of Pablo Honey will be bundled with copies of Hail to the Thief this June. According to the band's management, the band felt that their first album "sucks" and they wanted to take on the task of reworking and re-recording them all over again. The songs have all been updated with that more "familiar Radiohead sound" including a clarinet/tuba/mouth harp version of "Creep" with Thom originally singing the vocals backwards then with the help of technology, were reversed and then reversed again to produce a stunning interpretation of the band's first hit.

As an added bonus, there is a download-only track of the fan favorite "I Promise" available now free of charge. To download, please click here .

For more information about this bonus release, click here.

Familiar clarinet/tuba/mouth harp sound of Radiohead? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *cough* ahem hehheh

(Courtesy of GreenPlastic.com)

ha, ha,ha very good...........i can see how someone might be fooled though

I'm giving up drink. I remember clicking on the link (possibly even twice) and still couldn't remember it being a joke. :(

Advertisement