Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom I-Stream Self Install

Options
  • 31-03-2003 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

Afternoon all,

Few Questions about the Eircom I-Stream Self Install Package,

Also, I called Eircom today and the woman on the phone said that you CANNOT use your own equipment (ADSL Ethernet modem/USB modem)????? WTF? This true?

1. Anyone know what equipment they currently sell you?
    both the ethernet modem and USB modem?
    2. On your phone line, does it need the complete cable ?
    All 4 lines? or just the usual Red/green.
    3. How long should it take from ordering to actually getting it.?

Cheers

Simon

Apologies if these have been asked/answered before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

She was totally wrong.

If you have her name you may either

1. Ring Comreg and complain formally that Eircom are trying to slam customers into buying modems. She should thave told you whta they recommend...thats all.

or

2. Ring the Eircom number again, 1800512128 and complain to the supervisor about her. The supervisors name is Emily

Ideally do both.
    1. Anyone know what equipment they currently sell you?
    both the ethernet modem and USB modem?
    Allegedly Zyxel is what will come with the new product, at Eircom prices. You will have time to buy one yourself, see 3
    2. On your phone line, does it need the complete cable ?
    All 4 lines? or just the usual Red/green.
    The usual, you need not access them either because you get a filter(splitter) for your RJ11 socket.
    3. How long should it take from ordering to actually getting it.?
    6-8 weeks minimum, they may not take orders until 11/04/03

a

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Cheers Muck,

Re the eircom equipment, yeah When she told me I HAD to buy the eircom equipment, I of course gave out stink.

Her reply was that if it all breaks down and they have to send an engineer out, it turns out to be a customer provided equipment at fault it will cost them more blah blah blah??

Don't suppose you know the model numbers of the Zytel equip do you?

Cheers

Simon

Advertisement