Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in America or Oz...

• 31-03-2003 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Was just wondering about packing up and moving to America or Oz for a few years! Am p*ssed off of this place at the moment and myself and my wife are contemplating moving to another country for a few years to excape the annoyance of this place!

I am currently working for an IT company and although the IT industry is pretty tough at the moment, would be willing to look at all options... My wife on the other hand is a buyer with a retail store and has great experience there too.

We are both 27 and no kids. What are our chances of becoming employed in the US/Oz and what would we need to do to be legal to work there?

Thanks in advance,

Voodoo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

As (dumb) luck would have it, I spent Friday afternoon checking the possibilities of movig to Oz or NZ, oh, and a bit this morning on Oz jobs.

Both of those countries operate a points based system based on your age, qualifications ans experience. Both have highly informative websites (I just googled using Australian and immigration) which have all the info you need.

For me Oz was a certainty, but for NZ I'd have to have a job offer before I go. BTW the fee for applying for the Aus visa is $1700Au - so they do recommend that you're able to pass the points test BEFORE applying.

Oddly enough I've little interest in the US, depite my Yankee passport

Just went back to the two government sites

For Oz:
    http://www.immi.gov.au/

For NZ
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Originally posted by Borzoi

For me Oz was a certainty, but for NZ I'd have to have a job offer before I go. BTW the fee for applying for the Aus visa is $1700Au - so they do recommend that you're able to pass the points test BEFORE applying.

What is the job situation like in OZ?

In my game, from what I could gather from the likes of monster.au, not too bad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 johnny24

Borzoi, What's your game?

International Man of Mystery

err, I'm an engineer.:D

Advertisement