Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case modding Competition

Options
  • 31-03-2003 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Got this in an email today for those of you interested:

The Intel Innovative Case Modding Contest starts today

The Modding Contest, brought to you by a co-operation with Intel and
    the Electronic Sports League, starts today and runs out at the 16.th
    of May. Everyone who is interested in the design of his
    Computercase and is bubbling over with ideas and creativity is
    invited to participate.

The Winner of ths Contest receives a 3.06 Ghz Pentium 4 Processor
    with Hyperthreading Technology plus an D845PEBT2 Intel Desktop
    Mainboard.

To participate in this contest, you must compose a concept with a
    detailed description, pictures and technical details of his Case
    Modding idea.

If you have experience in Case Modding and you would like to
    meet a creative challenge, please visite:

http://www.esl-europe.net/eu/special/imc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Stickied! Interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Yeah well from what I gather you dont even have to have anything bought.

You just have to come up with a concept etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

From my reading of it, you have to draw up a proposal with pictures and so on, and then build it by the 16th of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

This isnt the first time Intel have done this. Their last one was to design/mod a case for the release of the P4 back when it was new. I cant remember where I saw it, but it was possibly linked from Toms hardware.

They ended up with a big perspex cube, with about the bottom 1/4 of it coloured black, and everything that could bne was hidden in the bottom of the case (ie HDD, PSU, CD etc) so that only intels components were visible through the perspex.

If youre going for it its going to be very marketing orientated, Intel are probably going to want to use it for displays/expos.
    To participate you need to send in a concept of an Innovative Case Mod by email which shall feature the following things:
    • Detailed description of the Case Mod Idea
    • Picture/Sketch of how it should look like
    • Technical details / specials of the Case Mod
    • Name for the Case Mod
    From my understanding of reading the article, you have to design, not build it. By the 16th. But the design must include everything in exact and extreme detail. Hense their spiel about the no radical cooling soltions.
    However the paragraph (below) suggests, to me anyway, that after the initial design stage, you have to build the case.
    The Case Mods should be available to Intel after they are built up for PR activities where relevant and for use of up to a maximum 14 days.

Unsure really, but the last competition that I mentioned in my post above, was to do the full build, no design work was necessary.

Advertisement