Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTV2, Kerrang! or P-Rock?

• 31-03-2003 6:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

What rock/metal channal do you find yourself watching the most on Digital?

Sorry No Poll :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i flick through them all till I find a decent song and when it's over I resume flicking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Kerrang and p-rock are practically the same channel with that life is loud show.. they all play too much nu-metal for my liking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ditto what mordeth said but mainly Mtv2.

Now why the hell doesnt the sky remote have a back /last channel button.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Kazaa :D

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Now why the hell doesnt the sky remote have a back /last channel button

Try pressing 'back up' ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Pugsley
    Kazaa :D
    Yup... I've got my own little collection of 198 videos. All I can safely say are ****ing class!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Usually flick between them all including VH1 Classic Rock (which is now later than before :mad: ) Some of the radio channels get an occasional flick through also, and the odd time I might go to the effort of browsing Music Choice.

Looking forward to the launch of Sky's channels, Scuzz and The Amp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mizzme

Yup, well I flick too but it usually comes down to MTV2 I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Repli
    Try pressing 'back up' ;)

and that does nothing. never has except for going backwards through the menus in Services, EPG etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

usally kerrang if i can!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I find myself listening to MTV2 the most... Sometimes I flick through the radio stations, but I pretty much hate Kerrang for it's ad's....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

They all suck for the most part. I'll happily watch VH1 rock much more than the others, but Kerrang! seems to have maybe one or two decent tunes a day...

Better off with WinAmp on continuous shuffle and doing something constructive than cabbaging on the sofa with the remote...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I think Kerrapp should change its tagline from:

"we cant stop it, every video on kerrang tv is picked by you.."

to

"we cant stop it, every video on kerrapp tv is picked by 14 yr old slipknot fans running up their parents phonebills, meaning the same 5 videos are always shown"

ever notice that if you watch any of those stations for 3 hours solid, you get the entire days programming? they just repeat the same block of videos!

its like the atlantic 252 of tv

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Kerrang! did have great Rammstein live tracks on their playlists some time ago. Excellent stuff, though dont think they're on the playlists any more :(

Originally posted by irishbyte
    Kerrang! did have great Rammstein live tracks on their playlists some time ago. Excellent stuff, though dont think they're on the playlists any more :(

They have!! I saw live version of sonne just last week :P

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gringo

Yeah they're all ok, all have good and bad points usually flick between the 3! Mtv cane be good except when zane is on and they play that cr*p stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

zane is an asslicker , gonzo is the worst program ever , "hey look at me , i am zane , i will make personal jokes with the camera man and pretend viewers find it funny" only reason i watch it some times is cause he has some info on bands but then sometimes he just turns the info into a joke , so u never know whats going on .
    Kerrang is ok , p rock is Punk , so i wouldnt know .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i like Gonzo on the odd occasion that i get to see it

wonder what Sky's new rock channel will be like. it launches on Thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    i like Gonzo on the odd occasion that i get to see it

wonder what Sky's new rock channel will be like. it launches on Thursday

I'd say that it'll end up like Kerrang!

To many ad's
    To many nu-metal tracks

But what good it might have:

Sexy Presenters
    Sexy Presenters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

P-Rock and Kerrang both suffer from having set play lists that change far too little and are much too limited. MTV2 scores points for its ability (underused though it may be) to throw up a surprise for you. I constantly flick between the 3 in an effort to catch a good tune.

The ranking is:

1) MTV2. It's not perfect, and I must say I preferred the old format with Live music from 2-3 every day, plus those hours where the music was picked by featured bands. Least you got to see "Three Libras" or "The Cedar Room" a bit then.

2) P-Rock. Because I'm not that familiar with punk in general and it has novelty appeal...oh and the fact that it has kept The Atari's "Summer Wind" on rotation for a good while.

3) Kerrang. It blows. Have they stopped showing that guy who wants to be a troll yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dita Von Tesse

I would have to say MTV2, the only channel that doesn't play Avril Lavigne

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Dita Von Tesse
    I would have to say MTV2, the only channel that doesn't play Avril Lavigne
    Indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Definately MTV2.

"VH1 Classic" is a great channel: the classic rock show is excellent.
    It's a good place to get away from that nu-metal sh*te too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Kerrang play The Calling though...RAAAAAAWWWK!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Samara

I don't have any of them anymore since I moved house, I have VH1, MTV and The box :(

I used to like Kerrang, but was highly disgusted when I first saw Avril Lavigne on it and right after Rammstein too!! Although I still miss it compared to what I have now!!

All those channels play the same songs over and over!! At least MTV2 sometimes air gigs etc. Is it my imagination or do they all seem to be moving towards lighter stuff?? Once upon a time you could tune in to some proper metal and rock, now I think myself lucky to catch a few. Flicking is the only way to go, either that or stick to cds!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

it's either mtv2 or flicking for me. mtv2 seems to have a bit more variety. It does really have to be flicking because each channel has it's weaknesses and no one channel is gonna satisfy someone.

Advertisement