Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perspex computer case

Options
  • 31-03-2003 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

I was in Maplins today buying an overpriced system cooler (parallel slot), and noticed they had a perspex (see thru') case. Don't imagine it would have great thermal properties, but for those interested I'm sure it would look pretty cool with a few LED case fans and the like.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Intresting...which maplin was it in, and how much was it, do you remember?.I need a new case and a clear perspex would be nice to go with my L.E.D fans and cold cathodes.

COMBATCOW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Those perspex cases are very bad at EM shielding.

They're really just display pieces, not much good for "real world" use at all.

Look cool tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

Sorry I didn't see the price (or I can't remember seeing it?), but it was Maplins in Jervas St.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I saw them today
    I think there about 200 - 250

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yup i saw it, was E230 holy $hit thats expensive.Looks very nice tho,Laser cut apparantly..dont think it will be leaving the shop for some time.:rolleyes:

COMBATCOW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

yeah echomadman, no faraday cage at all.

I don't really like the look of em anyways, as drives and psus aren't being made to be looked at yet, unlike mobos and cards etc :)

Was absent-mindedly thinking of a possibl "chicken-wire" or mesh type job....might look cool and industrial with the right mesh, shaped and formed in the correct manner :)

Advertisement