Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

War On Iraq

Options
  • 31-03-2003 6:51pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Sorry I have been astray for so long but I am back!
    Wow, a lot has happened since I have been gone.
    This war, or actualy, this attack on Iraq is the biggest thing happening right now and the world all has very diferent opinions.
    I realize other forums have started threads, but since I am american and we are the one's dumb enough to have started this, I am starting a thread of my own.
    I for one do not feel we belong over there doing what we are doing. I do however support our troops because they are doing the job they signed up for and cant say they wont go to war if they are called to do so.
    In my opinion if Bush were not in office, none of this would be happening right now.
    What do you think?
    and how long do you think before we get out of there? what will have to happen for Bush to get the clue that things just are not going to get better with us there, only get worse?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Good to have you back Beat!

All you need is another election. When is that going to happen next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sean so

Do you think of this J Gardener {I forget his name} that the us have sent do think he will benifical or will he cause more friction with some of the other groups of people in Iraq. What do think of the Frenchs view of the war? Also what do think of the UN attitude to not getting involved? {Directed to Beat} Also what are your views off North Korea?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

ok, first off, Hi Gordon! miss you!!
    I think the next election is in november 2004, and I hope America has sense enough to get this eejit out of office!!

Sean,
    thank you for posting.
    I agree with the UN not wanting to get involved. I also agree with France but I am confused by north Korea, I am not sure what thier motives are tbh.
    We had no business attacking, its not a war WITH Iraq, It was an Attack ON Iraq.
    I am one of many Americans who feel this way. I support the troops because they had no choice, they have to follow orders to go since they are in the military, but i dont feel we should have done what we did.
    I will never say I am proud to be an American, infact its one reason I tried to move to Ireland, I dont want anything to do with this country. My venture didnt work and I am back here, so I am dealing.
    thanks for posting sean. Hope to see more posts soon

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Actually it was probably more of a war on the Ba'ath party as opposed to Iraq.

hey BEAT, working the system from the inside now eh?!
    :)

Advertisement