Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT: Sample Irish answer for oral on Iraq?

Options
  • 31-03-2003 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Does anyone have 5 lines prepared on this? Our teacher is away on orals and I haven't anything prepared! Correct grammar!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

soory dude, cant help ya

Ive got the damn orals tomorrow... luckily I hate irish and wont be counting it!

all i can say is, your better off saying "nil suim agam", and talk about sumthin else cos they CANT dock u marks for saying that , or saying "ni thuigim", as long as u stay in irish, youll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭pfitz

our irish oral examiner told us today that he wont be asking any questions on the war on iraq.
    i doubt that many examiners will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

something weird: for those dreading the oral, there are note on leavingcert.net

look at the id no. of the page on oral notes(last three figs.);

http://www.leavingcert.net/skoool/examcentre_sc.asp?id=666

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

The examiners CAN'T ask you on Iraq, or any specific topic. If they do you can get an Irish teacher to go in and complain.

But they can ask you if you've watching anything on the news, its your choice if you answer on Iraq etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Just be very careful about what you mention... If they ask you about TV / Problems in the world and such... use some kind of standard answer like "I'm too busy studying to watch TV at the moment.."

What Sangre said is sort of true.. they're not likely to ask you straight up "what do you think about the war?" but if it's in *any* way relevant to what you're saying they're free to ask whatever the hell they want.. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

hmm.. my oral is 2moro.. just finished a grind and the teacher said i'll get between 20% -25% so i'm sorted...

Hmm i don't know much about the war really in english but since no-one else gave u an answer.. ( probably too late yeah?)

Bhuel, mar is eol duit tá an cogadh ar an telifís o maidin go h-óiche agus is olc an rud é. Ni aontím leis is aon chor agus is é mo thuraim go nach bhfuil foréigen (violence) an freagra in aon cás.. Nil aon gáth don foréigin. Ba cheart do iarracht a déanamh chun a bheith ag caint níos mo chun an fadbh a réitiú seachas a bheith ag marú daoine, ach sin an saol...

it's not all right,spelling and stuff but if u spit that out fastish ur sorted.

Translation:
    well, as you know yourself the war is on the tele day and night and it's terrible. I don;t agree with it at all and in my opinion violence is not the answer in any case. There is no need for violence. They should be making more of an effort to talk instead of killing people. But, That's life

Something like that^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I had mine today, did pretty crap in the sliocht (it was the first time i read it) but overall i reckon i got in the 18% + region. As he only got to ask me 7 questions. It lasted 20 minutes but the time flew by. He said i did pretty well and i had a lot to say which i can only take as a good sign.

Thank god he was a dubliner otherwise i would have been utterly fukd if the examiner was from one of the many god forsaken regions of this country. I spent 4 minutes talking about Hendrix which was pretty cool as the examiner is a guitarist himself.

Good luck y'all

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Did my oral today, it went grand.. I kicked the sliochts ass..
    She asked VERY general questions..
    I had a look at my mark too.. she was totting it up as i was talking. i got 126/150 i think.. which means 21% in the bag Woo hoo!

Advertisement