Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnness Line Up!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

gwan zwan!!!

snow patrol too, woo hoo!!!

and only a clash with the above will keep me away from coldplay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

Here are the proposed days for the bands, looks like Saturday is more complete: -

SATURDAY
    Coldplay
    Supergrass
    The Streets
    Zwan
    Underworld
    Lemon Jelly
    Echo and the Bunnymen
    The Roots

SUNDAY
    The Flaming Lips
    The Datsuns
    The Polyphonic Spree
    Snow Patrol
    Richie Hawtin

All in all, this year looks like its going to be more tame, likely to keep crowd surfing/moshing down. Add more rock and I'll be satisfied, however if bands like Zwan, The Flaming Lips, and The Polyphonic Spree keep coming in, I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

It'll be a sad, sad day when a band like Coldplay headlines ahead of Zwan.

They better put some other decent bands on with Zwan, otherwise I'll just be sitting round getting drunk while waiting for their performance and I'll probably fall asleep :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Originally posted by PiE
    It'll be a sad, sad day when a band like Coldplay headlines ahead of Zwan.

yeah i'm with ya.
    Zwan will be top of my list of things to see.
    (looks like it could be the only thing on my list)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

Zwan...the walls...flaming lips

i may just have to show my face........all that way away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

excellent the flaming lips but there are going to be a load of yupies to see coldplay.

better than the thousands of scumbags who were there for oasis last year, playing stereophonics and aslan songs in the camp site

Yeh i suppose but then ppl with guitars who cant sing will be playing yellow and other coldplay songs all night. we shall just have to counteract them with some good music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭madouva

DO they have a hospital nearby?
    :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Macseamusa
    Yeh i suppose but then ppl with guitars who cant sing will be playing yellow and other coldplay songs all night. we shall just have to counteract them with some good music

you better stay clear of my tent so :D
    i couldn't care less how mainstream and popular they are, that last album is a cracker. they p!ss all over previous headliners - oasis, stereophonics,travis, david gray

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

im just glad snow patrol will be playing,makes me a happy camper :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

i don't think i'll go this year...
    unless i win tickets

knobbles i would have to agree witht you there, they are better than the previous headliners but i still dont like em too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Hmmm

2002 - Oasis, Green Day, Foos, Prodigy

2003 - Coldplay, Lemon Jelly, Flaming Lips, Polyphonic Spree.

Sort of an obvious pattern forming there, no mud-throwing this year.
    Will the second day be like Royal Ascot where everyone wears nice hats with grapes on??

i'm still hoping that belle and Sebastian will play.......

if not Zwan will be the only entertainment of the weekend.... well that and my girlfiend......:D :D:D:D *

*any innuendo you came up with is in no way connected to me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Ixidor

witnness is going to be Sh!t, there arn't any good punk-rock bands!

green day were great, bring e'm back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Al Pinionpants

Well **** it, there's UK punkers Gold Blade in the ****ing Temple on Dorset St on the 22nd April, awesome ska punk goons Capdown in the music centre on the 23rd and the LEGENDARY Less than Jake on the 28th in the Temple Bar Music Centre... so how can yis all piss and moan about lack of rock bands at witness when these're all playing better less commercial (cheaper) gigs in the city with a full bar not just poxy pints of guinness.

also there's an amazing gig this sunday in the TBMC

Mike Got Spiked (formerly Fingermouse)
    Laminate (most of Immodium) - don't miss these guys
    Al Capone Suite
    Pinion

All for 6 lousy Euro.

so if you go to all these gigs for the price of one day at ****nness
    you get a lot more entertainment and you don't have to endure Coldplay. Rock on.
    http://www.pinion.2ya.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by Mewzel
    im just glad snow patrol will be playing,makes me a happy camper :)

agreed

wont be here though so :(

they should have new stuff out soon cos they just signed a new deal to polydor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Im still confused it used to be Goldblade but is it now Gold Blade.

Black Elvis.....tune!!

Ill be there.

I know theres a sh!tload of good gigs comin up especially round may, I guess Wiittnneess will get better but it just looks very 'film soundtrack' bands at the moment.

Apart from Snow Patrol...missed em last year tho did catch last 10 mins of reindeers. When its all over they will clean up

all i can say it's a bit dissapointing so far. i expected a little more.... but most of all i expected to be able to walk home from it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭stez

Compared to most of the English fests, Witnness is S**T*. Don't get me wrong now, its great we have a festival but the organisation is crap, I dunno how many bands cancelled and got moved on the schedule last year and all the other years, I missed so many acts cos of that S**T. The sound at a lot of the gigs left an awful lot to be desired, Oasis, Beta Band, Primal Scream, Air, Ian Brown and the Prodigy (who were crap anyway) are a few I could mention. The treatment of the punters is a disgrace, if the bouncers treat people like kids, they have to expect them to act like kids. You might aswell have a gang of skinhead facists doing security. I really thought 3rd time around last year they would get it together but they didn't and on the final Monday like the previous 2 yrs I promised, never again. I'm not paying 120e to get shafted and be treated like a 14yr old. Glasto is only 160e and you get 3 days at a properly organised festival with a much wider range of acts and freely available stimulants.
    Witness is s**t and it will always be **** cos MCD haven't got one iota of how to organise a PROPER festival.

right on brother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

From what I heard last year, Witnness fell apart.
    I think I won't even go this year, instead concentrate on going to Reading/ Leeds in August. I tried to go last year, but my cheapest way to get to my destination (by Ryanair) had all sold out. This year - book earlier.

The three bands I would most like to see at Witnness (Zwan, The Flaming Lips, The Polyphonic Spree) are all likely to play Reading/Leeds, see how it goes when the line-up is announced on April 11th or thereabouts.

On a side note, the most impressive festival that I have come across this year thus far is the Rock AM Ring (or Rock IM Ring) in Germany this June. Look at this lineup! The Coachella Festival in California, US this April is also fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

see much of the original beauty of witness lay in the fact that it was so near and tha saved much time and hassle....but this year...... i reckon i'll hang on a while longer and unless they put on someone i REALLY REALLY wanna see ...well they may find themselves kabbage-less.... (that'll learn 'em, i expect they'll move it back now!) :cool:

well now that (thanks to a perticular kabbage) witnness will be in fairyhouse i just might go........

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

at least we have a more than one day festival! its not just slane anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

ahhh Come on people...I think yiz are all been a bit harsh...

What about the SUGABABES worth the 100 odd quid alone:rolleyes:

Altogether now......

"Round round baby,round round".... you wait...
    Yea all be telling your kids what a class act they were!!!!!:p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I have an idea .
    I'm having an alternative Witnness (tribute).

Yes indeed.

All by myself. Outside Punchestown. In my car.

I'm going to cover myself in muck, spill beer on my clothes, sprinkle this mess with a light dusting of woodchips, drink nice coffee, and listen to really good bands on my car stereo. Because I sure as hell won't hear any if I go into Punchestown.

No, seriously, the Sugarbabes. Who in the hell thought of that one, and have they been fired yet??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

well they are better than All Saints:D :D

Advertisement