Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnness Line Up!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

well they are better than All Saints

What?? How?? Are you mad?

They're all out of the same stable. Its all blee bland givvus-money-we're-chicks music. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

oh my dear god... you stop looking at a thread for a few days and something like THIS happens.

oasis made last year the year of the scumbag
    and
    this year all the pop crap will make it the year of the 12 year old pop tarts... oh if i ever get my hands on the organiser...... well knowing how "organised" witnness is maybe there's no organiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

er glasto is 175 sterling,which must work out around 280 euro!

doves have been added to witnness and the dreadfully live badly drawn boy.also the thrills return.

unconfirmed reports suggest morcheeba,blur,morrissey.dave couse.interpol,the cure,spirtualised.gemma hayes,babelfish and idlewild are high on the wishlist of the promoters........

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

unconfirmed reports suggest morcheeba,blur,morrissey.dave couse.interpol,the cure,spirtualised.gemma hayes,babelfish and idlewild are high on the wishlist of the promoters........

Which? For Witnness or for Glasto??

I doubt Gemma is too impressed with Witnness since she was cancelled at last year's one due to the 'Rising' stage..er..becoming the 'Sinking' stage.
    all i can say it's a bit dissapointing so far. i expected a little more.... but most of all i expected to be able to walk home from it.

Hehehe nothing stopping you, Tyrrial, should be funny.....for us.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

sounds like a decent start to me but they'd want to organize the festival a million times better than they did last year. It was a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

The lineup for the Reading/Leeds festival is actually confirmed tommorrow (Monday 7th), not Friday 11th like I said earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

after some long diliberation i have desided that unless this witnness is the best organised and the most fun... i'll never go again, cos it looks to me like they've been slacking a little more every year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

I agree with ya mate...slackers!!!

Originally posted by Silverfish
    What?? How?? Are you mad?

They're all out of the same stable. Its all blee bland givvus-money-we're-chicks music. :mad:

What I meant was that if I had to choose between the two,I'd choose Sugababes!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

why must everyone be so anti-witnness this year? its starting to look like i'll be going on my own :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

I second that. Ok the line-ups not particularly inspiring thusfar but it could get better, its been great every year so far, they'll probably add some more appealing bands. The frames will be sadly missed though, they were the highlight of 2002.

Originally posted by Mewzel
    why must everyone be so anti-witnness this year? its starting to look like i'll be going on my own :(

don't worrie sweety i wouldn't let you go on your own.....
    you my try to hurt members of wilt again.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

Of course your going to get **** bands playing at a festival as fillers. last year was good. but this year, its more like a filler lineup. they have some good bands but not enough. i hope the sugabes get booed off the stage, or if its rainy, hurling mud at them might be fun...... but not worth 120euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2 out_of_ink

what is with headlining with bands that are just the current craze, like coldplay. i have nothing against them, went to see them in point and they werent too bad. last year, oasis, now who didnt guess that would flop. slane lineup is better this year though, though mogwai does seem a little out of place. qotsa, well they just rule the earth...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Are mogwai playin Slane.....???? Dont you mean Morcheeba??? Amongst all that good stuff there has to be someone on thats $hite so you can get a couple of jars in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ross_k

Mogwai are going to be playing Witnness, I didn't see it mentioned at witnness.com but according to www.mogwai.co.uk :
    July 13
    1 hour outside Dublin, I think, Witnness Festival Rising Stage (Ireland (EIRE))

I'm happy... zwan, mogwai, flaming lips, snow patrol, ed harcourt, the thrills. Coldplay are a fine band, I've no problem with them headlining, at the end of the day, witnness need a big headliner and they managed to get coldplay which basically keeps the masses happy. Still, I was kinda hoping that Radiohead would have been a headliner, but didn't think it would happen anyway.

~Ross

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

maniacs have also been announced. they r brilliant live!!!!!

for me the manic's bring nothing to witnness, i see them as a boring, uninteresting group that are tying to be deep with hollow songs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

nme.com say Doves have also been confirmed.

The witnness site seems to be have a problem or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

It seems The Beastie Boys might be the next headliner
    since they're playing in alot of festivals this summers.
    Of which the acts seem to be very similar to witnness.

The following also have a good chance of playing since they're touring this summer

Radiohead (fingers crossed)
    Beck
    Thievery Corporation
    Spiritualized
    Beth Orton
    Interpol
    Royksopp
    Liz Phair
    Tortoise
    TheRaveonettes
    Ben Lee
    My Morning Jacket
    Gemma Hayes
    22-20s
    Trachtenberg Family Slideshow Players

The Beastie Boys
    Sigur Ros
    The Roots
    Blur
    Elliott Smith
    N.E.R.D.
    Blackalicious
    Peanut Butter Wolf
    The Music
    Polyphonic spree
    Le Tigre

To be honest i'm hoping there wont be too many great bands so i get time to relax. Last year was crazy!!!

Who the hell thought of putting No doubt and less than jake on at the same time?!
    I saw neither because i twisted my ankle and ended up not being able to walk for the rest of the summer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

Nah, I doubt the Beastie Boys will be headlining Witnness. They may have many festival appearances confirmed for the summer but not one of them is in Europe (as far as I know), and I doubt they will be starting now. I'm still agreeing that Blur is very possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

zwan, snow patrol, mogwai, doves and coldplay
    - the best list of "bands to see" since witnness began, (for me)

don't forget the possibility of Wallmark playing, they may be on the café tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Looks like the Bluetones are playing..

http://www.fusefm.co.uk/interviews/bluetones.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

the line up is getting better slowly. but its still not last yr line up. I wasn't a huge fan of any of the bands, but i wanted to go more than i do this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

doves were added on for a day ,then axed. supposedly in negotiations.moz has reneged,

dave couse has confirmed on his site he is playing.
    as for gemma baby,seemingly mcd have promised her a good spot to make up for last years fiasco.....the libetines and interpol may be added in the next week or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

yep, might be worth a one day ticket to see zwan!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well, with Coldplay and David Gray headlining, I think I'll put off buying my ticket for a bit longer, just to see if they get more than a handful of decent bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭stez

Look, f**k the lineup. At the end of the day, you are going to get the same line up at practically every festival in Europe. The whole idea of a festival is to go see some bands you like and then try and see a couple you have never heard of. If the line up was full of headlining acts, there would be no excitement of stumbling across a great band you had never heard of.
    My main beef is with the organisation, sound and the treatment of the punters.
    The bands, apart from the main stage, never come on at their scheduled times and it's been the same every year.
    The sound is b*llocks. There have been rare exceptions where the sound has been ok over the 3 years. This really pisses me off cos there is no point seeing a band when you can't hear them....that's a no brainer.
    Finally, whether you're 18 or 30, all the security staff treat the punters like 12 year olds. They're all c*nts. Treat the people with respect, they're paying your wages you jackbooted facists.
    And surprise, surprise....they've added another 10 snots onto the admission, kiss my hole MCD you money grabbing f*ckwits.
    The longer people put up with this crap, the longer the people get crap entertainment at ridiculous prices.

By the way, Buzzer Buckley, I dunno were you got the quote for the Glasto ticket but you were shafted....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

In my humble opinion
    Manics,
    The Streets,
    The flaming lips,
    Mogwai,
    Doves,
    Zwan,
    Supergrass,
    Badly drawn boy,
    Snow Patrol,
    Coupled with the atmosphere, weathre {hopefully} and the HUGE in take of cider and other substances, a great weekend will make

Advertisement