Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Consultations

Options
  • 31-03-2003 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭

Fine Gael in Dublin South East are organising / facilitating a number of public consultations with the Railway Procurement Agency (RPA) and the Dublin Transportation Office (DTO).

I attended one in Ranelagh this evening and while some people were overly anxious about the minutiae as it would affect them, I thought is was a worthwhile exercise I went along as a member of the Dublin Cycling Campaign. Platform 11 and various other groups including residents associations also attended it.

I spoke to one of the organisers and he will send me a list of further such meetings, which I will post here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Are there any minutes available of that meeting? If you heard anything about screens in the Cambridge Tce/Dartmouth Sq area, they were most likely my neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Their policy is to mostly provide planting screens where suitable. They generally won't be providing screening walls / sound fences.

Given the height of the embankment in this area, I imagine the will only be providing a safety fence.

The advice to one old Biddy (she really was being an old Biddy) from Beechwood was to purchase some curtains.

I've read letters from the fella overseeing the project and he comes across as an arrogant ass. That's the kind of response I'd expect from them.

The environmental impact study stated that screens (for privacy or other) would be erected at sensitive locations. Beechwood avenue is, in places a very sensitive location as is the Dartmouth Sq area. Even after the environmental impact study, they've clearly reneged on promises made to the residents at a much earlier public consultation.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Perhaps the residents should put together a file with what promises were made and make a case for what they want.

The residents have been on to them fow ages.

• Advertisement
Advertisement