Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest text messages

• 31-03-2003 10:56pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

I know I'm being incredibly lazy by asking here, but frankly I can't be arssed to check each website.
    So, my questions is, which Irish mobile operator is cheapest for test messages (pay as you go)?
    I have a spare phone here, and I'm thinking of getting a sim card for purposes of anonymous stalking/harassment via text message.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Meteor, 8 cents a text.

O2 and Vodafone 13 cents a text., although O2 sometimes have half price texts for the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

o2 are actually 11c during the week and 8c at weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

plus 02 offer 500 free sms a month from 02.ie , handy if u got internet @ work and want to lash out a few!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Smithers
    plus 02 offer 500 free sms a month from 02.ie , handy if u got internet @ work and want to lash out a few!

That's pretty good! Can ya send to any network? Vodafone only give a measly 30 free webtexts per month and must be to people on the Vodafone network, which sucks.

I occasionally use ICQ for texting too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

here's what it says on the O2 SMS page...
    Send up to 500 Text Messages per month free of charge!
    It doesn't matter where your friends are or which network they use we'll send your messages to any mobile, anywhere in the world! *
    And you can now reply directly to a O2 web text message from your mobile!

*O2 Ireland web text messages are free if sent to one of O2's roaming partners.
    you just have to be an O2 customer. it'll give you 132 characters and it'll send your number to the person your txting so they can reply direct to your phone.
    The only thing i'll say bad about O2 is their website which, up until recently, had been very dodge with regular errors & constantly failing to load properally or even at all. but it seems they've been working on it 'cos it's been pretty good lately!

• Advertisement

they can be international tooooo.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I find that the O2 website works better using Mozilla than IE. Its also very bust around lunchtime.

also works good with opera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Meteor are the cheapest but they're a pain in the ass when you're txting 087/086 phones..
    Vodafone are good and reliable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Using 02 webtext u can text any mobile anywhere. I've had tons of trouble with the website as well, however it is a great service so I can't complain too much.

Shame on u Vodafone for such a CRAP service with only 30 per month!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I think o2 r the best. that webtext thing is well handy. The msgs can be sent to any network and even international. I frequetly sent a them to my friend in California, US. Another handy thing about them is that they have the group text feature, where u can set up a group and it sends it out to all of them in one go so that u don't have to be sending out loads of individual ones, also they give u every 3rd one free, not that it matters much cuz u've got 500 msgs, its deadly, i end up having full big convo's using it cuz it theres so many of them.

Advertisement