Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite gamesworkshop PC game?

• 01-04-2003 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭

For ingle player Ill go for Chaos Gate, no doubt about it, the combat is brilliant and leveling up your squad and salvaging new weapons make it a great game in campaign.

For Skirmish Final Liberation is great fun, its brilliant having a line of huge titans and a huge clump of tanks and just opening fire on the ork scum! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Final Liberation was good craic, and actually did justice (in my eyes) to the background of 40K (although some of the Ork life size puppets were rubbish in the cut scenes!) 'Tis nice to be able to move masses of infantry and vehicles and blow tonnes of sh*t up...

Back in the day, Space Hulk was damn scary to me, and RIDICULOUSLY hard. I loved it, even though I never got far enough to play around with chainfists, assault cannons, and the like.

Played a demo of Chaos Gate, 'Twas the pup's nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Different games for different things really.

The fisrt GW computer game I played was Space Hulk (win95 ed.) and I was instantly hooked on it. It's really sh*t hot although very dated at this stage :)

Final Liberation was the dogs (given that I first started GW with Epic and there's nothing like commanding a legion of troops, armour, super-heavy armour and titans in battle)

Chaos Gate is ok. What I like about it is the ability to improve individual troops. My only gripe is that you don't get access to some of the troop/vehicle types earlier, and some of the missions are vey difficult. It's very much a skirmish game (much like it's parent game of w40k)

Rites of War (eldar - w40k) is a bit of a let-down after both chaos gate and final liberation. It's *alright* although nothing to write home about. And every once in a while it crashes. F*cking bugs!!

The Warhammer games never impressed me. The RTS system didn't work well with what is a turn-based game. Granted - Space Hulk is a point in exception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

Easily Dark Omen - that game is utter class. The multiplayer side of it is brilliant too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

just found out that final liberation does not work with XP...

the things I want to say regarding that.

it was the best(better than the WHFB games)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I would have to say space hulk or either of the warhammer games for the pc,I seem to remember an utterly ancient space hulk game appearing on the amstrad back in the 80's or am I just remembering wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by orangerooster
    I would have to say space hulk or either of the warhammer games for the pc,I seem to remember an utterly ancient space hulk game appearing on the amstrad back in the 80's or am I just remembering wrong?

Amiga actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

It was both!I just found the utterly filth incrusted cassete in the equaley filth encrusted tape deck i used to make pirate amstrad games back in the old days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Spacehulk was mine. I loved the sense of fear it could generate midways through a level.

I really tried to like Shadow of the Horned Rat but it was just to buggy for me. I never played much others as they always seemed to get really crappy reviews.

Warhammeronline tho looks the business so Ill be getting into that I sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Chaos gate was pretty good, so was dark omen. Out of the lot I'd have to say Rites of War.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

Dark Omen, followed by Shadow of the Horned Rat, Final Liberation.
    Rites of war was the most fuking boring game ive ever played.

Fire Warrior looks promising, anyone else see the preview of it at games day?

• Advertisement
Advertisement