Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A freezing crash problem..

Options
  • 01-04-2003 5:31pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Game was working fine yesterday, now it could have been something I installed, but I have uninstalled whatever I can remember installing since yesterday and the game still don't work
    but heres what happens. When I open the game, you know the ea logo, well that is just about to move round on the screen and you hear "ea a ga.." and computer freezings resulting in me having to press the restart button.
    I reinstalled gfx drivers, and still not working..
    9700 pro,
    amd 2100
    512ddr
    80gig WD 8mb x 2

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Yea, It's a long shot, but it might work...

try adding +restart 1 to the target of the shortcut you are using to run the game.

It bypasses the opening intro's...I use it all the time to get the game started quicker.

Luc

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I'll try that Luc,
    would this be right then yea?
    "E:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +restart 1

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

No games are working for me now.. looks like its format time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement