Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Albania Predictions

• 01-04-2003 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭

Think I'll go for another 2-1.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Albaina 3 1 Ireland

or maybe

Albaina 1 3 Ireland

or maybe

Albaina 0 0 Ireland

I've no idea how this one might go....

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

im with mike on the dunno score ,i think if Keane and Duff play well ,we can score.
    Our defence actually looks solidish.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Im with Bateman on this one (for a change :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

This is definately a tough call.....

I'd like to see Keane up front with Connelly or Quinn (i know connelly hasn't been up to much in recent years, but he's been playing well enough this season..), and Duffer out on the wing were can do the most damage....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

IR 3-2 Ir AB.

Who will give me odds? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I reckon he'll stick with Doherty up front for his unsettling qualities, personally I prefer to see Glen Crowe or Lee up there against this quality defence put how and ever.

I think Connolly is great but he's just too feckin titchy to play alongside Keane. He beasting it up this season but I don't think he'd be doing as well without a big donkey like Shipperly beside him.

I reckon it'll be 1-1 draw if they score first, 3-0 to us if we score first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Albania 1-3 Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

hmm,
    i'll go for a flattering 2-0 win though it already reminds me of that disastrous 1-1 in macedonia.

2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Its completly unpredictable tbh.
    But I'll guess Ireland 3-2 Albania.
    Albania getting one offside goal.

Embarrasing to admit it, but this thread mainly shows we are clueless about Albianian footie...! ;)

...or are we clueless about which Ireland will turn up?:confused:

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Ireland 1 - Albania 0

Duff and Keane up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Ireland to win by two goals. Mike there is a reason why we know buggerall about Albanian football, there is buggerall to know. I think they are getting far to much respect on the back of one result. Russia may have beaten us well, but that was because we were awful, not down to their brilliance. Russia are a fairly poor side just look at their world cup performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Predictions :-

Albania 1 Ireland 3

some idiot will post up the result as a thread topic.

although I am not too sure about the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

2-0 to ireland keane to net both of them - keane and doherty up front with duff on the left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭MAC_E

I think your all under estimating the albanians.

Ireland 2 Albania 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

1-1 to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Im gonna go for Ireland 1-0 Albania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Ireland 3 Albania 1

Not as comfortable as the scoreline would suggest me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

2-1
    Keane is not fully fit so i cant see him lasting the game.

I would love to see Alan Lee play a part.

Originally posted by irishgeo
    I would love to see Alan Lee play a part.

Ditto. It would be great to see him get a cap (would just be mad to see someone I used to go to school with playing for Ireland). But I seriously doubt he'll get a look in. Hes only scored one goal since Christmas ..... and that was a penalty. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I'll go for 2-1 to the Irish and it might not be an easy game. Keano to net one if not two.

I'd say Duff will start on the left because Kilbane might not make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

I'll go for a 3-1 Irish win. Keano, Holland and Duff on the score sheet. Although i would like to see Shay keep a clean sheet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Don't forget the previous results!

Albania 1 - Switzerland 1
    Albania 3 - Russia 1

(The two Countiries that beat us!)

These guys are no walk overs. If we underestimate them we may aswell say good bye to Portugal now!

For once I agree with Dunphy, we have the right manager.

Albania 1 - Ireland 2 (Keane & Holland)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

I will go for Albania 1-2 Ireland aswell.
    It'll be a tough game
    Keano and Duffer to score for the Irish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

1 - 0 ireland

Is the match being shown on TV?

Boog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Sky only!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

1-1 to Ireland. We'll be happy with the draw beforehand and by the end of the game we'll be disappointed we didnt win it.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

Damn it.

Thanks Praetorian. ;)

Boog.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

As said before... 3-1 win for Ireland. :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by irishgeo
    2-1
    Keane is not fully fit so i cant see him lasting the game.

S'funny, Brian Kerr says he is fully fit and should have been back playing with Spurs earlier... ... but I suppose you'd know better :p

Ireland to win by two goals. Mike there is a reason why we know buggerall about Albanian football, there is buggerall to know. I think they are getting far to much respect on the back of one result. Russia may have beaten us well, but that was because we were awful, not down to their brilliance. Russia are a fairly poor side just look at their world cup performance.

Russia are a fairly decent side, the best thing about them though is their home Record, very intimadating to go and play over there, the only team in the past 30 Years to beat them at home is France and by a goal 3-2, take nothing away from them for that record and that was just after France winning the WC.

Their away record is nothing like their home record, but they do have good players and can play football.

Look at the performance France gave in the world cup.

Back to the point, it would be a big mistake to underestimate them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Ireland to beat the Albinos 2-1 :)

X

Heres the starting lineup ...

Given, Carr, O’Shea, Breen, Cunningham, Holland, Kinsella, Carsley, Kilbane, Duff, Keane

C'mon IRELAND!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

If Only we could get rid of Carsley,Kilbane and Breen we'd have a decent side.

Dunno about Carlsley, Sposs... he had a great game against the Georgians.

• Advertisement

The first half performace from Ireland sounds poor....

Mike.

No solid passing, just useless long balls up the front and albania look v.dangerous on the break.

The midfield need to get more involved, most of the passing is been done by the defence!.

I don't think there's any point in berating the Irish team for that performance. To get a draw away to such surprisingly difficult and apparently talented opposition is a good result and here's hoping we'll give them a good seeing to when they come to Landsdowne in June.

They were unlucky with the off-side... but more so with Doherty's foul in the box (the first time we put the ball in the net) - that would have been a nice goal.

We were seriously lacking in midfield though - which is something they need to work on.

True Bard for the performance we gave we deserved nothing more.

fact is we played sloppy football.

The off side wasn't unlucky it was clearly offside, what was more unlucky was the foul given against Doherty in the air, carsley then tucked the ball away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

dissappointing game of football in my eyes.

The draw was the most Ireland deserved...midfield did absolutely nothing...Stephan Carr didnt play one of his best games.

Was really hoping we would win this one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1st division midfield who lack the basic skill to pass a ball forward.
    Back played well condsidering midfield liked to watch the pretty football.
    Up front were excellent shame they never got the ball played to them.

We seriously need a world class midfielder.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

didnt take a genious to figure that we needed to push duff back to midfield and bring keane/doherty back a bit, and more direct passing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

that for me today was a terrible display and a draw was the best the Irish could get out of it. Albania were unlucky not to hit in 1 or 2 at the start

Originally posted by KdjaC
    1We seriously need a world class midfielder.

kdjac

Hmmmmm...I think I know of one! ;)

Mike.

ps England 2 0 Turkey. Cough! How'd they manage that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

What a terrible display from the Irish. Shay Given was the only one out there that seemed to want to make something of the match and he kept us in it. Few world class saves.

How did the Irish expect to score with the midfield playign so deep. I think the midfield is the problem We are relatively strong at the back and up front. Holland wasn't up to much and Kinsella put in one good tackle that actually meant something afaik. Lets go back to the training ground and try some basic passing and telling the midfield that they have to alternate between defending and attacking.

BTW Owen injured himself in the English win. He's after saying that he is doubfull for Saturday:(

It just goes to show the lack of decent Irish midfielders these days. One plays in the 1st division, the other plays in the Aston Villa reserves, and the back-up plays in the Celtic reserves...Maybe when Reid gets fit we can stick Carsley infield, at least he plays league football every so often. Kinsella should not play for his country unless he's playing regular league football.

And Paul Scholes for England, anyone else think he had a really bad game? He's a shadow of his former self. And fair fux to Rooney, the lad is just pure class. Maybe Houllier should put a sneeky bid in for him in the summer, with 5 muppets going the other way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Which 5 muppets would he choose to get rid of?

Good question. Even if he offered a few muppets plus cash for Rooney, Moyes would just laugh.

"Mr Moyes, take your pick from Carragher, Smicer, Berger, Biscan, Traore, Heskey ..." although Carragher is useful, but expendable.
    Everton are short of attacking midfielders so he would probably go for Berger or Smicer, or else he would tell Houllier to pish off.

Advertisement