Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda ALTTP for gba

Options
  • 01-04-2003 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

just wonderin if a link to the past is worth buyin for the gba [i know its an idiotic question "is zelda WORTH buying"] is four swords any good? bought seasons and was very dissapointed...

hum....i can buy zelda, or that vital liver i need.

ah hell, dont i have three of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

zelda is allways worth buying ! allthough i cant comment on link to the past havnt pld...check ign for a review or eurogamer or somthing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

I'm just going by the SNES version, having not played any of this four-man tacked-on questy thing, but regardless LttP is the best Zelda game. It's essentially the same as all the rest (bar Zelda II), because it's Zelda, but it generally does absolutely everything so much better than any of the others.

Is Seasons the only 2-D Zelda you've played, though? It's just that there are a few differences between the 3-D and 2-D Zeldas (combat, most notably) and if it was any of them, obviously LttP won't seem quite as stupendous.

Regardless, it's a fantastic game I'd be surprised to see any gamer not enjoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

definitely, i can just imagine listening to the rain when i get out of my little bed at the start of the game

*on my shiny new sp of course*

nintendo you money grabbing gits ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Seeing as I've been waiting 10 fscking years for a portable version of one of my favourite games ever (I even tried to get my SNES to work off a 9V battery and a pocket TV when I was a kid so I could play Zelda 3 on long journeys) I'm pretty damn glad it's finally arrived. I'm glad they took the straight port route rather than trying to update the game (especially since the new voice samples are annoying). I haven't had a go of the Four Swords game yet, but seeing as it's a Zelda game, it can't really be bad tbh (one of the laws of the universe).

Tusky, Jesus pogo-jumping Christ, if you haven't played Zelda 3 then you haven't played Zelda tbh. Also get 'Link's Awakening' (the first GB zelda outing).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

A big deal has been made about the four swords bit but how many people will actually be able to find four other people to link up with? I've played the game to death on the SNES and don't really have the urge to play through it all again (not that I didn't love it the first 20 times through). Maybe we could all meet up and have a go at four swords thus insuring that we all unlock that new dungeon thingy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Yeah, I reckon we organize a Four Swords session (and maybe a few other GBA games) at MegaLan if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Can you play through four swords using the add on for the gamecube and 4 controllers?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by TheAlmightyArse
    Is Seasons the only 2-D Zelda you've played, though? .

hell no, ive played zelda 1, a link to the past, links awakening, ocarina, majora and am eagerly awaiting wink waker :)

thats why i feel im qualified enough to express the ****yness of seasons.

Advertisement