Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E4 and Attheraces now on Chorus Analogue

• 01-04-2003 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

In Limerick, E4 and attheraces have been added to the basic analogue lineup. We received a letter in the post explaining how to tune in the two channels. a Glossy one that is.
    As I tried to tune in the two channels, I discovered that E4 was nowhere to be seen(very disapointing). why is this? Has anyone found it.
    i did find attheraces though.
    The following is the Analogue lineup for Limerick
    Basic:
    RTE1,
    NET2,
    TV3,
    TG4,
    BBC1,
    BBC2,
    UTV,
    Channel4,
    Sky One,
    SkyNews,
    Eurosport,
    Discovery/Disc Home and Leis,
    NICK/Paramount,
    atheraces,
    E4???
    Chorus Sports

Extra Channels: for a fiver extra a month(pounds anyway don't have it)
    VH1,
    Granada plus/M+M,
    Fox kids/National Geographic,
    Caroon/TCM,
    Biography/history/QVC
    Bravo/touble
    The Box
    Uk Gold

Premium
    Sky sports 1 2 3
    Sky moviemax
    Skypremier
    There you go ICDG since you have never updated the limerick edition of the chorus channels(analogue)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

cork ??
    what channel # are they supposed to be on ??
    i didn't even know you could manually tune those boxes :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jimbob

Originally posted by parasite
    cork ??
    what channel # are they supposed to be on ??
    i didn't even know you could manually tune those boxes :confused:

You cant tune in those boxes. I live in limerick where we don't need boxes for normal cable services. We just tune in all the channels on the tv except premium channels which come via the box. We have multiroom viewing, unlike all of yeah down in Cork.
    Thats how Cork multichannel distributed they're cable service all those years ago and when they were taken over by the now called Chorus it never changed. Sorry.
    Maybe they will add them to your box. ring them up to see what they are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 strettie1

Chorus prepare a glossy brochure saying they have added E4 for free, send it out to all their subscribers and guess what .......

you'll never guess.....

no I cannot give you a clue

its not there, nada , zippo

have heard their customer service has been flooded with calls.

Also they never identified on their lovely brochure which channels were only available for an extra charge so they have received a huge volume of calls from customers wondering where all the other channels are.

:mad::D :mad: :D

Originally posted by strettie1
    Chorus prepare a glossy brochure saying they have added E4 for free, send it out to all their subscribers and guess what .......

you'll never guess.....

no I cannot give you a clue

its not there, nada , zippo

have heard their customer service has been flooded with calls.

Also they never identified on their lovely brochure which channels were only available for an extra charge so they have received a huge volume of calls from customers wondering where all the other channels are.

:mad::D :mad: :D

The broshure was misleading about the other channels, but when i woke up this moring E4 was there and they had updated the channel lineup on the decoder aswell. also VH1 was there for free aswell. That was probably just a mistake as E4 had taken over from VH1's old spot and VH1 was in another location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Sven

E4 is also available in Swords since yesterday evening, it replaced a double TG4 spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

are you cork people paying the same (or more) ...?
    hrrmmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Limerick here. Found E4 no problem (ch16 on the box), still to find attheraces.

Anyone in Limerick having trouble with Sky Sports 1?
    For every ten seconds of picture I get a second or two of snow.
    Engineer's have been out three times and still haven't ben able to fix it. Problem up the line is their excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

in ashbourne, found E4 ok, but no sign no attheraces, but do i really want that? :p

In limercik
    Attheraces is on Ch25 on the box where the racing channel used to be.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Unbelievably, E4 has also been added to Chorus cable service in Donegal Town. I'm not sure if it's on the Donegal MMDS service yet...

Full Channel list for Chorus Cable, Donegal Town:

RTE1
    N2
    TV3
    TG4
    BBC1
    BBC2
    UTV
    Channel 4
    Sky One
    Sky News
    Eurosport
    E4
    MTV
    Cartoon Network

Premium Channels:
    Sky Sports 1
    Sky Movies Premier

Pretty limited service compared to services in larger towns and cities. To be expected I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

So has E4 been added to all Chorus cable lineups then? How about MMDS (ex-Irish Multichannel viewers especially welcome to contribute here).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Rebel18

I have a mmds box at home (anologue)and theres no extra channels(cork area).

By the way I was up in Ballina and chorus sent out a tuning guide to tune in e4 and at the races. I couldnt tune in either channel.

Advertisement