Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is dis alrite???

• 01-04-2003 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

well all, im new to these boards der pritty cool, jus woundering about a few tings. Got these few bits today are they any good??
    Hope there bloody compatable haha... Trying to build a decent gaming machine
    I have an old 800mhz compaq, going to use my old cd drives power supply case ect...going to pop down to maplin 2morow and get a cooler for cpu...anything else i should need.
    any help would be great

Abit KD7-E mainboard for Socket A (DDR)
    VIAKT333, ATA/133, ATX, USB2.0
    € 87.13

AMD Athlon XP2400+ 2.0 GHz 266 MHz bus
    Socket A (Thoroughbred) processor OEM
    €130.00

TwinMOS PC2700 DDR-DIMM 512MB CL2.5
    RAM 184-P (for DDR-PC333MHz)
    €71.22

Western Digital Caviar 120GB IDE 7200RPM
    8MB cache WD1200JB
    €150.00

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Moved to tech. Read the hw tweaking charter ffs, it's pretty damn simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Or you could try this!

Better and cheaper option by well over €120, more ram etc etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

forget about using your compaq case, seriously. The PSU wont run the new components and its just a pain in teh holeto change it out.

Get a new case, and that kit from komplett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

pffff, if ya have to change the psu, don't bother getting a new case, its handy to change the psu. Take 5mins.

Alo.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

the bits i showed had a hard drive worth 150 so they realy work out the same Saruman
    i ended up buying them anyway
    i have 2 psu at home..haha ill make it fit got a big hammer... just got mohaa spearhead & unreal 2003 wat two brillent games cant wait to play them on a better system running a 800mhz celeron at the mo.... this will be my first home built pc, first of many....just got a gforce 4 ti4400 agp from a friend..Tanx for the advice lads..parts should be ere tomorrow

• Advertisement
Advertisement