Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating A Skin

Options
  • 01-04-2003 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Is it possible for an average user (me) to create a skin for boards?

I basically want to take the idea of the existing minimal one but bring it to it's natural conclusion & maybe even make a better drop down menu while at it.

Is that possible?

- Kevin
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We always wanted to do this but it multiplies the amount of work we have to do when upgrading VBulletin (and testing becomes more difficult).

However we are working dilligently towards it and the new style drop-downs are a publically visible step towards that.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Actually that answer sounds like a "No" when in fact its a qualified yes. We'll take a skin from you and either offer it as a Minimalist 2.0 or as a totally new skin.

We just arent going to do this for everyone who wants a subtly different shade of mauve.
    Anyway, I've been told you are have some talent as a designer (so there!) :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'm still waiting on the nightvision [green on black], infa-red [red, green, black] and terminator [red on black] skins Dev...

much like Deus Ex menu styles

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

and purple tentacle and green tentacle skins!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Okay so, sounds good.

I'll go off and read about creating a skin.

By the way, if you simple ad id="www-boards-ie" to the body tag it makes it very easy for people to simply create their own stylesheets if they want to simply change the colourscheme to mauve or electric green!

:)

- Kevin

• Advertisement
Advertisement