Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Al Qaeda and the English courts

Options
  • 01-04-2003 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Two Algerians were today sentenced to 11 years in a Leicester Court for membership of a terrorist organisation.

Given the record of the East Midlands Police force in matters like this I wouldn't be surprised if their names were Brahim Benmerzouga O'Shaughnessy and Baghdad Meziane Murphy.

Anyone remember the last time a British terrorist conviction didnt include an Irish man?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

HFXOC old chap, you'll have to do better than that do cut the mustard round here....for a kick-off its the WEST midlands police that was notorius for thier arrest first, ask questions with boots later approach to crime
    solutions.

Mike.

ps just to prove it!
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=east+midlands+police+corruption&spell=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 HFXOC

Quite right Mike65

I was, however, trying to be clever (too clever perhaps) as it was neither the West Midlands Police nor the ficticously named East Midlands Police who brought this new prosecution but in fact the Leicestershire Police force. By mentioning 'Midlands' I was hoping to ironically jog the memories of others on this board.

Advertisement