Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Cpy frm Wireless) - Advice Needed...

Options
  • 02-04-2003 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭

hi,
    i am *trying* to set up a wireless network between my partners pc and my laptop, so we can both type for ouselves on seperate machines when we talk in IRC to american relations, in other words, we need to be able to share our dial up connection.

Argos do a wireless network solution, pmcia card and a usb desktop wireless thingy for €170 for both (page 903 in catalogue i think),

the question is, im basically wondering if i get this will it work? and is this a good price, the latter is important because im a wheelchair user living on disability allowance and cant afford to go broke for a week on somthing that aint gonna work lol

(BTW: they both are win 98 se OS's. the laptop being a Dell Inspiron 3500 PII 300, and the desktop a self-built 1.2gig P4 (um, might be a P3, cant remember an darent turn it on to check, as is other halfs machine now lol)

thnx for any help an advice,

Barry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

Barry,

check out the belkin website, www.belkin.com you can find all the info on the product there. There is a downloadable manual, to make sure you are buying the right equipment for your needs!

Regards,
    B.

Advertisement