Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Wheel Of Time

Options
  • 02-04-2003 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

rigth i have read the first wheel of time book and have now obtained number 7 in the series. now my question is do you think it would be ok to read the number 7 one or should i read the others first?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Read the others and then you will be completely up to date, bored outta your tree, but up to date alright. You will be lost if you go from one to seven and there will be a lot of stuff you do not understand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

rofl, sorry but that's a silly question dude hehe

you really do have to read books 2-6 as *alot* happens in those books

unfortunately, frmo books 7 onwards sfa happens and we are now on book 11....

*mutters*

I feel sick for saying this, as I used to love this series, but don't bother buying them.. get them from the library, as the series has gone downhill lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

ah rite wlel i picked it up for 2 euro so i just thought i may aswell get it okey dokey then cheers anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Read books 2 to 6.

Don't read book 7, use it for toilet paper - even if it chafes, the book really deserves it.

Don't buy books 8, 9 or 10 but do however urinate on them every time you see them in a bookshop. Be careful not to splash any of books 1- 6 in the process.

lol dapper

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

Books 1-6 are the best of the WoT series. I didnt become disenchanted with the series until Book 8. If you read the brilliant EotW and moved onto the TCOS and the others following you wouldnt know how great the WoT series can be at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I was reading them a few months back.. i got to book 5 or 6 and finished then, i wanted to read other stuff.. Also i head they went downhill a bit so i wanted to give my mind a rest before i start agian.. i have up to book 8 at home.. most of which i got used in chapters, book 1 i bought new (worth it) and book 8 my bro got me at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Do not read book 7.

They are not seperate entities and do not stand alone (at all), they are all direct continuations of each other, reading seven after one, would be like watching an episode of coronation st in 1977 and then turning on to watch it again tonight and expect to be able to follow it !

I am on book 5 right now and so far, its the most I have enjoyed a book or series of books in years.

quigs.. enjoy the next 2 books... cos you won't enjoy the rest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Betcha I will. I'm easily pleased you see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement