Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cpu Heatsink and Fan

• 02-04-2003 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm putting together a sys from Komplett

MB Epox 8RGA+
    xp2100 (Would of got 1800 but its not guarnteeded a throubred b)
    256mb cosair xms 3200LL x2
    I entend using the onboard graphics for a while as I don't play feck all games

My question is What CPU Cooler do you recommend. bearing in mind I plan to spueeze ever mhz out of this mother.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

I entend using the onboard graphics for a while as I don't play feck all games

My question is What CPU Cooler do you recommend. bearing in mind I plan to spueeze ever mhz out of this mother.

I take it you are working with Video or somthing yes? If you want the most, water cooling is the way to go. But it can be messy and expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Sorry I ment to saw that I don't want to do down the water route

To be honest I won't be using this computer an awful lot
    ( I play with hardware most of the day in work & also have a laptop at home)
    Its a hobby the main thing it probably doing is "backing up" the odd DVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'm not sure komplett have any great heatsinks, for efficiency you want one which takes an 80mm fan ( less noise and more air than a 60 - 70mm ). The thermalright slk800 is a good choice, dunno if komplett have it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

The slk800 is a great fan overclockers.co.uk have them , they are dear at £45 STERLING which doesn't include a fan. The only better heatsink is the slk900 at £52 which can take a 92mm fan .Although the 92mm fan gives very little benefit over the 80mm fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Don't forget the shipping on that too. Can be a little expensive.

Worth it though as it would beat a low quality watercooling setup(with adequate case cooling of course)

• Advertisement
Advertisement