Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Channels on Dish ?

• 02-04-2003 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My question is simple. Is there a way to get :

BBC1/2/ITV/C4/C5 & RTE/N2/TV3/TG4 from 1 Satellite and FTA ?

Digital or analog ?

The reception in my area ( louth ) is so bad ....

Thanks !!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Have a look at this thread,which contains all of your meaty answering goodness..

Brief answer:
    You can get the Irish national channels + BBC1&BBC2, with a Family Pack Sky subscription (digital).

For ITV/CH4/Ch5 read the FAQ (linked from the thread above)..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

ThankS Krusty,

What about those free to view digital boxes without dishes sold in NI ?

Would this works in ROI ?

Thanks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Hi ZeRoY, welcome along...

Those boxes are for Freeview, which is digital terrestrial TV, i.e. digital TV through a normal domestic aerial. You may stand a chance in getting this, you say you are in Louth, can you be more specific? It is only available in certain places in Ireland, and in Louth, well, its touch and go.

DMC, i am in Dundalk.

Can you get Channel 5?

• Advertisement

No i don't get Ch5 :(

RTE1/Net2/TV3/TG4 are perfect but BBC1/BBC2/ITV are bad

Sorry mate, then no chance, I'm afraid. The signal for digital terrestrail is far weaker than for normal BBC/ITV off the aerial. So if they are poor, it wont work.

ok, thanks anyway .. i'll have a look at this Sky Family pack then ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Zeroy: ok, thanks anyway .. i'll have a look at this Sky Family pack then

Just don't expect to see CH4/UTV/CH5 on an Irish Sky Subscription any time soon...

If you already have good Irish Terrestrial channels, maybe you should investigate alternative ways of getting good reception of BBCs...

These will soon be available on Satellite, outside of the Sky subscription.. Make sure you read through the threads and choose the option that's right for you...

Advertisement