Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do anti-war sentiments make a difference?

Options
  • 02-04-2003 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I'm anti war - for the record.

Many people complain when I air my views on the war;

a friend said this to me just yesterday:

"It's vexing that you and other people sit and wail and gnash their teeth over and over again when it's blatantly obvious nothing is going to stop what is already happening, so why bother?"

What do you say to that? He has got a point.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Dancing Monkey
    He has got a point.
    Well its arguable he doesn't, he's just going with the flow, he is acquiescing to behaviour that is not acceptable. While individually we may not be able to do much (on any subject), together we can make some difference. Why do you think Bush constantly goes on about his Coalition?

Why didn't people say "Ah sure we can't do anything about Hitler, leave him do whatever he is going to do."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Éomer of Rohan

"Philosophers are too concerned with defining the way things are. The point is to change it."

-K Marx

Advertisement