Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fm104

Options
  • 02-04-2003 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Has anyone else heard the messages on FM104 today apologising for what happened on the Strawberry Alarm Clock yesterday and saying that the people concerned had been severely reprimanded.

Apparently they pretended to drown a dog live on air as an April Fools joke :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Yea heard the Apology and was waiting for the Punch line,have no idea what they did as i missed yesterdays show :(

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Originally posted by Ro
    Apparently they pretended to drown a dog live on air as an April Fools joke :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

wait... that's not funny at all...

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

The Strawberry Alarm clock is sh1t (I can't believe it's still on the air! It was good about 4 years ago), and evidently their "jokes" are too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

That program is designed to appeal to the "page three" culture in ireland. Its potty humor and cheap gags reveal what FM104 really is about. Its a station for people who have no interest in the outside world.

Strawberry alarm clock is a good show,its meant to appeal to people who are half asleep on there way to work on a cold morning and it does that.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Sposs
    Strawberry alarm clock is a good show,its meant to appeal to people who are half asleep on there way to work on a cold morning and it does that.

Fart noises do not do it for me im afraid.

Originally posted by Sposs

It bores the pants off me, tbh! It's gone rapidly downhill the past few years.

Originally posted by Grimes
    Fart noises do not do it for me im afraid.

To each their own i suppose :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Yeah the Strawberry Alarm clock sucks ass but Matt Maloy is funny ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

People

Have any of you never heard Gavin when he is in full swing, my god that guy, when he is form, cracks me up.

The whole dog thing was absolute ****e i have to say and it went down like a lead balloon, the dog noises sounded somthing like zuppy from the den.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

Missed the dog thing.

IMO, the Strawberry Alarm Clock used to be great up until about two/three years ago. Listening to it on the bus it'd have me in stitches, odd looks etc etc. Then they started milking 'Molloy' and he started getting a bit abusive to ppl :(

Once Joan left, it just wasn't the same. The show just wreaks of effort. And if ppl have to try hard to be funny, it just doesn't work.

Now that Gavin fella :D Fan bloody tastic! I've never rotflmaoed in such as short time as I have listening to him. Pity I rarely catch him tho :( Apparently the Gavin vs Podgy spat over Christmas was very good...

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by Ro
    ... saying that the people concerned had been severely reprimanded..

What? Colm Hayes sack himself? I wish he did!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

TBH fm104 sucks, strawberry alarm clock jokes are for morons. If only Ray Darcy was on a breakfast show. He is so easy to listen to and never trys to crack a cheap joke.
    He also dj'ed at our office party and he's a hell of a dj.

Chief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

The best show on fm104 was the openline
    Funniest thing i've ever heard on radio.. Jim nugent from strawberry alarm clock used to be on it as Tony.. he was a really funny guy back then..

Someone mentioned matt molloy.. LOL That was hilarious too.. my friend has a CD with all the calls on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by eth0_
    The Strawberry Alarm clock is sh1t (I can't believe it's still on the air! It was good about 4 years ago), and evidently their "jokes" are too.

agree....its teh shiote

this should have been a poll :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Heard one great quote that's kept me loyal, when someone was asked for their opinion on the irish language they replied

"If your dog died would you carry him around under your arm?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I listened to it years ago, tryed to listen to it recently. Boy did it suck :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

moved

Colm Hayes announced this morning that loads of people who missed out on what they were reprimanded on where e-mailing in to ask them to play it again,so they've asked people to vote if they want to hear it again and if it get sthe go ahead it'll be on the saturday show.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by oneweb
    Now that Gavin fella :D Fan bloody tastic!

That WAS funny, he was the irate voicemail guy wans't he, he cracked me up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Agreed FM104 is definetly no longer the dogs ******.

I listen to Spin in the mornings. Less of the talking and more of whats important, the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

FM104 and the Strawberry Alarm Clock has always been rubbish, always !!!

Not funny in the slightest, and as for those trolley dollys, well I migraine is funnier that them.

Originally posted by SprostonGreen

Not funny in the slightest, and as for those trolley dollys, well I migraine is funnier that them.

Your comand of English is excellent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Trying to work and post at the same time, may lead to mistakes.

But you get the jist ???

I'll do my utmost to adhere to all grammatical laws and rules from now on.

But you're right, that was piss poor.

Advertisement