Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

british postal orders

Options
  • 02-04-2003 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

i just got sent a bunch of british postal orders
    is it possible to cash them over here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Not sure, try a main post office or your own bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭irlhost

Originally posted by the corpo
    i just got sent a bunch of british postal orders
    is it possible to cash them over here?
    Lucky you:D

The answer is yes, you can lodge them into your bank account, or take them to any post office. But you will have a pay a fee:( so my best advice is to lodge/cash them in one go, as the charge is 2.50(approx) plus a % each time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Actually I have found that most post offices won't deal with them. The GPO might, but I suspect they won't. The banks definately will, though it might have to be your own branch. Thats is where I cash any I get. I had no success elsewhere.

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    Actually I have found that most post offices won't deal with them. The GPO might, but I suspect they won't. The banks definately will, though it might have to be your own branch. Thats is where I cash any I get. I had no success elsewhere.
    Thanks for that:)
    Some people just dont want money:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭bobsmith833

Originally posted by irlhost
    The answer is yes, you can lodge them into your bank account, or take them to any post office. But you will have a pay a fee:( so my best advice is to lodge/cash them in one go, as the charge is 2.50(approx) plus a % each time.
    In which case, if the value of this commission is high enough, it might be worth taking a trip to Newry or somewhere else in the North and cashing them there. Could be cheaper and you'd get a day out!

• Advertisement

GOOD IDEA:D

Advertisement