Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems Accessing NETSMART (EsatBT)

Options
  • 02-04-2003 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi

I signed up with Esats NetSmart and although I can connect with my Analog modem, I am having problems connecting with my ISDN.

Most of the time I just cant connect, and if I keep hitting redial, I eventually MIGHT get in. I looked at my modems log files, and the message it is reporting is that the number it is dialling is wrong.

I can connect to all other ISP's out there including IOL Free which is basically the same network as NetSmart with my ISDN modem.

Anyone have any ideas ? If I cant get it sorted , I am going to cancel it .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

gees that sound a bit dodgy. Which plan do u have(30, 80, 120?), i was going to be signing up with the netsmart plan cuz my nolimits plan is supposedly incompatible for use with isdn, but, if as yur sayin it doesn't even work anyway, i dunno what i'm gonna do!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 liquid-steel

I had signed up for the 120 package. I still cant use it with my ISDN so I am going to cancel it monday. Pity pathetic really that they couldnt get it working for me, but to be honest, I dont think they really cared too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

so the story is that u shouldn't chaneg. Also i just found out that some people r using isdn with there nolimits connection, how does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by suppafly
    so the story is that u shouldn't chaneg. Also i just found out that some people r using isdn with there nolimits connection, how does that work?

People have been using isdn with nolimits for as long as I can remember

Well, Esat told me "Netsmart does not support ISDN" , so therefore , they wouldnt help me out .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by liquid-steel
    Well, Esat told me "Netsmart does not support ISDN" , so therefore , they wouldnt help me out .

That's right, yes. ISDN does usually work with SNL and netsmart but it's not supported...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

it's been happening to me this past week on my 56K...I keep getting d/c after about 2 mins online,

I'm on the 120 package too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Netsmart does and has always supported ISDN. In the last 3 months of having both ISDN and the netsmart 120 offer it has always been working fine from here anyway.

Eh, No it doesnt. ISDN may work with NetSmart, but they do NOT support it . Ring their tech support and ask!

Advertisement