Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High MB temps, REALLY low CPU temps ??

• 02-04-2003 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Anyone got any ideas on why im getting a "over 70 degree" MB reading and im getting a REALLY cool 25 degrees as CPU temp (1.6 willimette overclocked to 2ghz) it doesnt seem to be affecting anything im doing but troubling none the less ??

any particular place the bios reads the tempreture from that may be heating up unnessesarly ?

anyways, right now me counfused :-S

its an ASRock gpro motherboard if that helps

P.S. i did post a few weeks back about my radeon overheating but got that sorted... still probs

anyways, right now me counfused

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

its almost sounds like they are swapped, ie the over 70 is ur cpu and the 25 the mb, is that possible? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

that what I was thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

It could be missreading the temps. Though mid 20's is about right for a motherboard, 70 is too hot for anything! The CPU should be 30-40 max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dj_deevey

seems to be a bios prob .... i upgraded the bios, unfortunatly then i didnt have overclocking features ... *cry's" they've locked it out on the board,

downgraded the bios again, now everything looks normal on the temps side, but i get blue screen when i try to start windows "bios is not ACPI Compliant" (arragh) upgrade the bios again and still blue screen driver error..... looks like i'll be reinstalling windows again for the 50th time this week, i get various errors with, XP, 2000 pro, AND 2000 server.... seems that one prob breeds another since iv upgraded this board... i had it working perfectly for the past month on a 20 gig HD, since i put in my own 60 gig few days ago (i had loaned it to a mate for a bit and i had his one) this keeps happening. and it seems to be hit or miss if i get an install working... and even if it works it screws up when i restart or install my devices (TV tuner card, Radeon, onboard sound / lan / USB 2 / modem)

XP pro has the least trouble but still even that screwed up after a few reboots

if this is now in the wrong section please feel free to move it...

cheers

steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

in best Phaxx voice :D
    "post in hardware /tweaking ffs omfg dagnammit "

Yah reckon temps are mixed 70 is a very hot for a CPU.*

*i think noone really knows what good temps are wish there was a decent guide somewere..

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Mork

Do you have any smoke comming out of the back of your case yet!! :D

70 degrees for a cpu temp, I'd be a little worried!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

"bios is not ACPI Compliant" is not unusual. You can turn off the ACPI when installing w2k and probably Xp by hitting F7 or F8 (I can't remember) as the blue installation screen appears. Might let you install it ok. I sued to have to do this on a ABIT board I used to have. I solved the problems by getting rid of the ABIT though. Personally I find EPox boards much better.

I've never heard of a ASRock gpro motherbaord BTW...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

think amd cpu's can go to about 90 degrees or something before its gone. (may very from cpu type to cpu type)

70 is still quite high tho, mines at 55 under load which i consider high but workable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dj_deevey

Updated Bios...allows me to get rid of the acpi incompatability problem, although i lose the overclocking features (booo) and hitting F7 doesnt seem to do the trick (hmmm)

BTW ASRock is a subsidery of ASUS (cheaper version) although it seems quite cool and it cost feck all,

Advertisement