Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Noob

Options
  • 02-04-2003 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Hi had bf1942 for a while now and said i would try it out online, haven't done much online gaming bar ra2 which was probably over a year ago and a quick game of AVP 2. Anywho what i'm getting at is i don't really know how to get it up and running and join in a game and such. Any chance of a noob guide to getting started or something oh and i'm running 56k modem so what is the gaming experience like on this is it playable?

Basically i've gone into multiplayer>internet when the game starts up and i get this big list of servers, however when i click to join a game it tells me i have the wrong version. i'm running the 1.3 version i.e. the 48mb download one. is it out of date what am i doing wrong

thanx
    data

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Should have 1.31 and a working cd key.

Use All Seeing Eye to find servers to play on and thats it.

Kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

cheers Kdjac, do you know though if it is possible to go from 1.3 to 1.31 with out the full 47mb download, like an upgrade download instead of the full patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I am afraid you will have to download the whole thing. They arnt going to do 1.X to 1.XX updates yet. :(

People are so inconsiderate to 56k'ers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

ummm i actually dont know ,i think you can go from 1.1 to 1.31 with just one patch but not sure.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

You can. Talked to the guys in IRC. They say that you only need to most recent patch to update BF to the currant version no matter what version you are currantly on. If your on 1.0 all you need to do is download the 1.31 Patch :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

have the 1.2 and 1.3 patch started downloading the 1.31 patch goddamn ea, should be finished in about 2 and a half hours :)

cheers folks

data

Advertisement