Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell software support

• 02-04-2003 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Anyone got a phone number for Dell software support - that I can call at this hour, can't wait till tomorrow morning.
    I remember being given a number before that connects to a technical support agent somewhere else in the world (usually India I think)... anyone got that number? Even a UK number will do at this stage :(

Cheers
    jayo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I bit late now but 1850 543543. Why didn't you go to the dell.ie website and look at the number there?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

Thanks my friend... I must have bene very tired last night, couldn't find that number on Dells website :D

Its a magic trick, will I tell you how I did it?:D

I'd rather know how to undo installation of SP1 for Win XP Pro... without re-installing the OS (well, too late - I have done it already).

Installed SP1 last night - and guess what: eircom i-stream won't work with the updated version.

I felt terrible yesterday, was offline for almost 5 hours :D

I have Xp Home Edition and SP1 appears in the add/remove list. I didnt check but I though you could uninstall from there, maybe...

• Advertisement

Thanks for the tip... someone else suggested this to me earlier... unfortunately only after I had re-installed XP :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

use restore points dammit.

At least they work with XP!

Yeah, but guess what.... EVERY single restore point I have ever created was wiped out when installing SP1. Not much use having a restore feature in XP if it it being wiped by XP upgrades....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

thats strange.

anyway, you could have refreshed you OS and brought it back to its original settings (ie 6, DX8 and no SP1).

It would have kept you programs, users and documents though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

I you using the eircom software?

There are other PPPOE clients available, which should work fine. Are you using a USB modem and the driver did not work? Did you try different drivers?

Reinstalling should be the last option.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm using eircom software (eircom i-stream) - wasn't aware that I could use other software :( Well, not to worry I am back where I started but at least my system is working again!

Cheers! ;)

Advertisement