Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband queries

Options
  • 03-04-2003 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya doing.

The company I work for are re-evaluating our Internet conntiveity costs. We currently have a 512K leased line and are not really utilising it to its full capacity (I've been monitoring over the last few months). One of the Directors has got a quote from Irish Broadband and it looks very cheap.

I want to check with people who are using them for business about their service levels and if they are satisfied with them etc. Basically any feedback would be appriciated.

Cheers,

Gandalf.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

As the billing for leased lines is quarterly, you will ned to dump your existing line by the 31/05/03 (one months notice b4 end of quarter in June).

You have 7 weeks to get it in, startiing now.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Muck our contract with ESAT states 90 days termination notice which is not a problem as I would like to have at least a 30 day period in case of "issues", which are guaranteed in the IT industry :) (ah experience talking!)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

We have an 1m IBB connection in our office. It is pretty poor overall - granting modem-like speeds. Thats a problem in itself but the real problem is the support, or rather the lack of. They rarely answer emails and thay never come out to help diagnose the problems or offer any help at all.

They installed, it didn't work, several months of unusable connection pass, they came out again, installed new equipment and left. It works slightly better but is still useless to us. Thats the last we heard from them despite trying to contact them.

If thats what your business needs go right ahead. We are surviving on our original 512k ADSL as we had to remove everything from the IBB connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Spunj, was that running from the RTE mast?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

Nope, off 3 Rock (I think thats what its called). We were one of the early adopters, for all the good its done us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement