Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New SMC barricade on Eircom DSL?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

PPPoE is the magic word.

All the cheapos seem to be doing 'all in' products for under €200 .

Actiontec have a similar product

I expect most or all of

DSL Modem (ppp o e AND ppp o a) / Wireless Hub / Router / Firewall / Intrusion Detection / Copper Ethernet Port in the one box for less than Eircom charge for a simple DSL Modem.

The well known cheapos are Actiontec/Smc/Linksys/D-Link/Netgear/ , there are others or course.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 kevinof

sorry - typo in my original post. The 7404 supports both pp0a and ppoe plus integral modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

[rubs head]...
    Too many choices!
    [/rubs head]...

Anyone recommend a wireless router which offers (in their opinon) the best value Vs functionality?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

While we're on the topic, I bough a 3Com Cable/DSL router for my NTL cable connection here . It cost €75 including delivery (which took less then 48 hours). Cheap price but not a cheap brand. Setup was a doddle too

Advertisement