Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 2000 upgrade sound prob

Options
  • 03-04-2003 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

ok, here is the prob.

I have upgraded my laptops OS from Windows ME to Windows 2000.
    Now i have no sound at all from my laptop.
    When it was finished installing it informed me that i needed to update my version directX, which i did. Its now directX 9 (i think), got it from the MS site.

Could anyone point me the right way to fix this prob.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd say its DirectX 9 causing the issue,

heard of it happening

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by Cabaal
    I'd say its DirectX 9 causing the issue
    No its not. The sound was gone before i put on the new version on DirectX.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

go to teh laptops manafactureres website, go to teh supprto section and download the driver for your laptops sound card for windows 2000. Thats it, windows me and 2000 are worlds apart so teh drivers are different while you are there you might get better drivers for video etc... some of the defaultwindows drivers are very basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by sirlinux
    go to teh laptops manafactureres website, go to teh supprto section and download the driver for your laptops sound card for windows 2000.

Duh, never taught about that..... stupid me :(

Thanks

Advertisement