Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learn To Pay Attention

Options
  • 03-04-2003 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭

First-year students at Medical School were receiving their first anatomy
    class with a real dead human body. They all gathered around the surgery
    table with the body covered with a white sheet.

The professor started the class by telling them, "In medicine, it is
    necessary to have 2 important qualities as a doctor: The first is that you
    must not be disgusted by anything involving the human body." For example,
    the Professor pulled back the sheet, stuck his finger in the butt of the
    corpse, withdrew it and stuck his finger in his mouth. "Go ahead and do the
    same thing," he told his students.

The students freaked out, hesitated for several minutes, but eventually took
    turns sticking a finger in the butt of the dead body and sucking on it.

When everyone finished, the Professor looked at them and told them, "The
    second most important quality is observation. I stuck in my middle finger
    and sucked on my index finger.

Now learn to pay attention.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

/me wretches.

Did you hear about the (this isn't going to be a joke btw) anatomy students in England somewhere? This was only last year if I remember right. They took a corpse out to a pub with them (in true weekend at Bernies style). But the mad thing- they got twisted and forgot to bring the corpse back to the residences afterwards. The pub landlord ended up with a dead body in the pub at closing time. Needless to say the students were kicked out of college!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

And the students were going to be expelled for other reasons / fail exams anyway.

"they all dressed up in Tux and at the end of the meal left one by one - when the waitress went over with the bill to yer man ..... "

Is this an urban myth ???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Ahem SICK Ahem

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I can't find anything on www.snopes.com about that Capt'n Midnight. Maybe my skillz are waning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Still a great story. if only i could have gotten a free meal out of a dead body...........

perhaps...............

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

During a disection of a corpse two of the students each grabbed a detached limb and started to run around the room - asking
    "what's this, what's this ?"

The answer was of course - "the arms race ..."

Advertisement