Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband & the North

Options
  • 03-04-2003 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

I was at the ICT expo this afternoon and had a little talk with the IBB people about plans for the northside and guess what??

the are in talks with the regency hotel to get a transmitter up on the roof. :D

finally the north side will get some broadband!!

she said that they will update their maps IF they get a deal with the regency and add the area to the coming soon section, possbly with in the next 2 months

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by Trebor

finally the north side will get some broadband!!

she said that they will update their maps IF they get a deal with the regency and add the area to the coming soon section, possbly with in the next 2 months

Its nice to hear good news about DNS. IBB put up a map showing a non existent Guinness Transmitter on their website a month back or so. It has been coming soon ever since it Went Up on the Coverage page.

If they add a map with the Hotel on it to their website in 2 months as she said, that means they will still not be live in 3 months......based on their normal carry on.

Best ask the Hotel Manager, they would know .

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

The Regency Hotel? I wouldn't have picked that as an ideal place. Currently there's a load of construction work beside it where the port tunnel is being dug, and there are a load of buildings and cranes and crap around there to block people's line of sight. Still, if you're living between The Regency and the city centre you'll probably get a half decent LOS.

I'm right behind where the port tunnel is being dug and there's this big metal shed thing that they put up to hold all the clay/dirt dug up that would block my own LOS. Lucky I've already got DSL I suppose. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

The regency hotel wouldn't be a bad place at all,
    you would have LOS to santry, drumcondra, parts of Marino,
    parts of Glasnevin even, and even parts of Beaumount.

I couldn't imagine there would be anyone in Beaumount who would want broadband, oh wait hang on I live there ... :D

Advertisement