Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External cache stops working after flash GA-568SG

• 03-04-2003 5:21pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Flashed the old 333 last night Gigabyte GA586-SG from 1.14 to 1.20(G) - so it would recognise a larger drive - that bit worked. - but now it hangs or gives errors unless I disable the External Cache. (eg: the flash utility in DOS reports invalid OP code..)

Most confussed by this
    - any idea if any other BIOS settings can be changed ?
    - since cache is static I don't think any of the usual timing settings apply - have turned the ISA bus back to 7MHz - my guess is that I'll have to start fiddling with the jumpers to drop the board below 66MHz. - I've had the board since new and the cache came with it.

Any Ideas...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

this is probably useless as a flash usually reverts the settings to default.

try the cmos jumper one more time. Is there any mention of an issue with that BIOS version on the internet?

Advertisement